Warzone C.G.I animation movies remake

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
manaze1
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Warzone C.G.I animation movies remake

Post by manaze1 »

im going to be doing this project In .iclone format in which I will publish each cutscene so it can be easily manupilated for future imagineers. :lecture:
Last edited by manaze1 on 23 May 2012, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
manaze1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manaze1 »

Jorzi wrote:http://artrev2100.svn.sourceforge.net/ <== all our ingame files.
Then you'll need to use WMIT in order to convert them to obj/3ds files that can be easily imported.
http://gitorious.org/wmit/pages/Home is the homepage. I'll see if I can get you a precompiled build (unless you want to compile yourself of course).

I also have some other stuff (source files and unexported models) which I can send you via email if needed. (Just pm me with your email)

Basicly Im going to convert .pie to obj. There is an obj load option in the converter im using. I guess im going to look at WMIT for mid-level conversion. That link sends me to a subject I am incoherent about. A simple .pie to obj converter downloaded link is what I need to make progress right now. Ill leave all the compiling program nonsense to the code monkeys.
manaze1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manaze1 »

manaze1 wrote:
Jorzi wrote:http://artrev2100.svn.sourceforge.net/ <== all our ingame files.
Then you'll need to use WMIT in order to convert them to obj/3ds files that can be easily imported.
http://gitorious.org/wmit/pages/Home is the homepage. I'll see if I can get you a precompiled build (unless you want to compile yourself of course).
when i click download on that link u sent me attempting to grab blguard1.pie , just some code appears after clicking download.

I am unfamiliar with this compiling process, A simple file download is what I need to move forward. I may have found a .pie converter utility , but i am able to test it until I got some files to work with..... :evil:
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

Manaze... You have nice work but I think that Warzone 2100 models and other things needs some redesing...

The look is out dated and 90is... Add something improved look and that... I dont want to bitch and that, just if original creators would had todays computers and that, they would make it more detailed... Thats the fact...

I wish WZ2100 devs improve performance for the WZ2100... Its kinda funny that DOS games run faster then Windows games with the same ammount of detail,effets, etc...

Because the devs of WZ2100 arent original creators of this engine, no wonder why performance compared with detail are terrible, they should create custom engine that would allow more features and that... The WZ2100 engine isnt large at all and you have the source code, why not improve the engine and details, then make ingame cutscenes...

I think that if the WZ2100 started from the beggining making better engine they would make progress far more faster with features and coding...

At first the progress of WZ2100 would be slow, but when the engine would be finished the progress would be faster and if that was done... We would have WZ2100 2.8v right now and not 2.39 version :/
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

@iamaloner

FAQ: http://guide.wz2100.net/faq
You should port Warzone to language XYZ, or 3D engine ABC, or make it an MMO...!
You should realize that Warzone is a huge codebase, and porting to some other language or engine will be a enormous job (think years, if not more). We wish to improve the existing code and engine piecemeal, since we believe that is the only realistic way of going about it. We hear requests to port the game to some other language or engine very often, and it can quickly get tiring.

Of course, we could be wrong, and things could change. If you do feel that it is possible to port Warzone to a superior engine, feel free to do so yourself, with our blessing. After all, Warzone is an open-source project; you may do with it nearly whatever you wish. Before you begin, remember that Warzone is cross-platform and runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and BSD; any engine that doesn't support at least the first three OSes would be a severe regression.

In fact, we simply will not accept any conversion to an engine that does not support Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, because several of our best developers on each OS would no longer be able to continue contributors, and many others would leave the Warzone Project on principle. We also will not accept any engine with a license more restrictive than the GPL, since it would be incompatible with our own license. Since we do not own the source code (Eidos does), we can't do anything about the fact that it would be illegal to port Warzone to a GPL-incompatible engine.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

iamaloner wrote:The WZ2100 engine isnt large at all and you have the source code, why not improve the engine and details, then make ingame cutscenes...

I think that if the WZ2100 started from the beggining making better engine they would make progress far more faster with features and coding...
If you were a coder you wouldn't be saying this.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

You know what... Nevermind...

Jorzi, hows going model making and that redesing project of WZ2100 models?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Progressing slowly, a bit bogged down by studies atm I'm afraid. Good news though, we have a branch supporting tangent space normal maps.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

Thats sad, anyway... Did you ever played some maps that I made?
manaze1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manaze1 »

received all warzone models. Off into icloneland!
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

iamaloner wrote:Thats sad, anyway... Did you ever played some maps that I made?
iamaloner wrote:You know what... Nevermind...

Jorzi, hows going model making and that redesing project of WZ2100 models?
If you want to talk, use IRC :lecture: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=warzone2100-games
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
manaze1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manaze1 »

To keep things organized, I ask to keep conversation in my thread on topic please. Stick to Modeling and movie making. thanks.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Random info: Not sure if this is any use - directory of all videos in the game (still a work in progress but getting there quickly) and some tutorials I did about creating cinematics from in-game footage.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
manaze1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manaze1 »

Im hardcore into animation right now. Last year I released Iclone Library 2011, Which has been downloaded over 5,000 times. RIght now Im working on 2012 iclone library, which will be 3 times bigger and better. By doing this, Im able to Add my animations inside the download, thus bringing views to my youtube page. Right now im at 18,000views. Once I release 2012 library, I expect that to double over the next year.

I have over 2,000 props right now, endless supply of expansion pack after expansion pack of data is going into this new Upgrade Im making for Iclone. I Should be done by the 31st of this month.

Once I complete that project, I Have to finish " inside the mind of manaze Episode 8" which will conclude my iclone work until next year.

I should be able to get started on Warzone in June, Go hardcore on The Movie Aspect of It.

Im hoping by July to have various Mini-Scenes for warzone, Such as Research Artifact Briefings . Im going to work with what I have Been given by the gate keepers of warzone data, and Get started on it soon. Last Night I was able to Put warzone Models Into Iclone. Ive got to study the physics engine aspect in the iclone 5 to be able to go Professional.

With Time, I will be the imagineer of All Warzone Cutscenes .

Which Animations have u seen of mine? I can suggest different ones to look at to gain a better aspect on what i can do.