Warzone C.G.I animation movies remake

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
neo_dragon2k
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone C.G.I animation movies remake

Post by neo_dragon2k »

I have read some books on gestalt therapy and for the most part it has been shunned in the counseling community; but i went back and read a work written by the founder himself (Fritz Perls) and in i discovered that most of his work is similar to eastern philosophies. I don't know if he was influenced or not; but there are similarities such as the emphasis on a the constant need for being continuously aware of what one is doing in any given moment. he also theorized on the possibility of an "Internal energy" which if harnessed could be used for things such as healing or strength ie: KI or universal energy... course you'll never find that part in any psychology text book.

If CTA is what im thinking of i believe it may also be called Cognitive Restructuring (or something similar) and it can be applied to almost any task weather game design or field combat. Invaluable to say the least. ^_^
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

neo_dragon2k wrote:I have read some books on gestalt therapy and for the most part it has been shunned in the counseling community; but i went back and read a work written by the founder himself (Fritz Perls) and in i discovered that most of his work is similar to eastern philosophies. I don't know if he was influenced or not; but there are similarities such as the emphasis on a the constant need for being continuously aware of what one is doing in any given moment. he also theorized on the possibility of an "Internal energy" which if harnessed could be used for things such as healing or strength ie: KI or universal energy... course you'll never find that part in any psychology text book.
Wow... serendipity along with edifying. :D

I have come across refs to Fritz Perls & Gestalt Therapy over the years but have not investigated - now I shall !

There is also synchronicity here for I have recently started exploring work over the last decade in Energy Psychology (there is such with a growing legitimacy in mainstream scientific circles), severe trauma healing & the close association with 4,500 year old Meridian Theory. I came to this through my efforts to understand the new science of Epigenetics. Looks like Fritz Perls' work fits right into all of this. Thank you for sharing your knowledge & doing it with regard for learning through mutually enjoyable conversation. :)
neo_dragon2k wrote:If CTA is what im thinking of i believe it may also be called Cognitive Restructuring (or something similar) and it can be applied to almost any task weather game design or field combat. Invaluable to say the least. ^_^
CTA insights can flow into CTR as practical application. And applications can indeed cover many a discipline as you point out.

Before I fade from this neck of the woods again, I would reiterate how you have made this a distinctly rewarding experience. :) More often I depart feeling otherwise. Not an iota of regret for participating this time. ;)

- Regards, Rman.
neo_dragon2k
Trained
Trained

Post by neo_dragon2k »

:) yes ive enjoyed this conversation as well. it has been very insightful to say the least.

like i said before though Mr Perls work is mostly rejected by mainstream psychologist; but from i read about him he doesnt outright say "oh yes this is ki"; but its a bit of reading between the lines so to speak and more of a westerners view of the universe. Its fascinating when you get into it though alot of bring parts to sift through first. lol.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

nothign on interest on the channel,even sims 2 can make a better video lol.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

I've been thinking to make a new one, after googling around i found a nice tool named blender and currently watching tutorials AFAIK it should be same as adobe flash pro in motion handling. then i'll try to make simple nexus logo then add some effect to make nexend (it's 970 ms and currently does nothing).

i'll upload .blend or 3dmax version somewhere when i'm done
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

As has been said: if you need tanks & stuff, just pm me ;) (I've used blender for many years)
I'm interested in helping out, although I'm kinda focused at ingame graphics atm.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
manaze1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manaze1 »

I still want to make these movies. I need to purchase a 200$ program in order to convert to my iclone software.

12 months ago and i still cant come up with the cash.

Ive made much better Animation Movies in the last year though, is anybody interested in seeing my skills in animation?

Im 200$ away from turning warzone into a HIGH Quality Storyline acceptable animated cutscene designer. I just need the Warzone models to load into my software.

Right now im using 1920x1080p 5000kb/s wmv
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

Hi, I would be happy to see your animations.
But Why spending so much money on something you can use open source software for it?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Indeed, iClone looks like cr@p anyway...
ImageImage
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@manaze1: have you uploaded any examples of your other work to youtube?

@jorzi: IMHO the best tool for the job is one that it's user is most proficient at using - I've no idea what iClone is but if it enables manaze1 to do some awesome videos then it's the best tool for manaze1
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
manaze1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manaze1 »

I bought The Model converter today. It converts models created by others and puts them into iclone.

Im ready to receive models now.
manaze1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manaze1 »

aubergine wrote:@manaze1: have you uploaded any examples of your other work to youtube?
The moderators dont allow me to post my work inside the forums. I have my youtube channel of course .

The reason Im ready to go forward with this project Is i Finally figured out how video works.

I found out the perfect recipe for maintaining 1080p quality, while vastly compacting the video size, With no quality loss.

Something that has taken me 2 years of constant converting hours lost to blurriness. that issue has been solved.

I beleive I read somewhere warzone requires and additional resolution drop, but thats no big deal when I take things step by step, in the end, along with support, I can complete whatever the community requires of me, to officially boost the warzone game to the next stage .

My 1st step is to acquire all warzone models that are correctly formated in a manner of decency.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

http://artrev2100.svn.sourceforge.net/ <== all our ingame files.
Then you'll need to use WMIT in order to convert them to obj/3ds files that can be easily imported.
http://gitorious.org/wmit/pages/Home is the homepage. I'll see if I can get you a precompiled build (unless you want to compile yourself of course).

I also have some other stuff (source files and unexported models) which I can send you via email if needed. (Just pm me with your email)
ImageImage
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

Guys... Why convert this low poly models? :P Look... WZ2100 needs more cutscenes and some of them longer...

Also I hope that there will be human character in cutscenes, atleast workers and that... We need one part in wz2100 intro that is propaganda alike... Understand?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Our first step imo is to recreate the original cutscenes in better detail.
That will allow us to start with basic stuff before getting more advanced.
We really need to start simple and go forward from there (instead of starting advanced and going nowhere)
ImageImage