This game is awesome!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
FliccC
New user

This game is awesome!

Post by FliccC »

Hello, I just registered, and I want to share what a great experience I had with Warzone!

I don't know why, but yesterday I suddenly remembered about this specific game that I forgot about for almost 11 years. Now I searched for it, I even found out that it's open source now and also available on the Mac!! Download and Installation go seamlessly. And now the most surprising thing to me: The game runs and looks great!! You wouldn't believe that it's such an old game, and I have a fun time playing the campaign right now.

There is something very special about this game and I appreciate a lot that it's still there and taken care of!

Thank you!
devastator
Trained
Trained

Re: This game is awesome!

Post by devastator »

Research.It's ALL about research system, the biggest ever rts dynamic system..though far from perfection.
1st 3d game and so on..And childhood. 3 factors which make this game special :)
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

Video is almost completed, but it won't be great cause of problems with map editor
FliccC
New user

Post by FliccC »

devastator wrote:Research.It's ALL about research system, the biggest ever rts dynamic system..though far from perfection.
1st 3d game and so on..And childhood. 3 factors which make this game special :)
Indeed! Also the customizable unit system. The experience system.. It all adds up to a simply great game! I wonder, was there ever a sequel to WZ2100? This concept was so fresh and ground-breaking to the RTS genre, it has DO IT AGAIN written all over it!
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Preternatural wrote:if only the players were good
Well that makes it even, right? If hardly any of the players are good by comparison to a better player, then that means everybody plays great! :3
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Research and design concepts remind me of this "Master of Orion" thing (:
Attachments
Orion_006.png
Orion_006.png (9.37 KiB) Viewed 3450 times
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Aahhh! Great times of MOO.
I still played it like 2 months ago with DOSbox.

Heh.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

NoQ wrote:Research and design concepts remind me of this "Master of Orion" thing (:
Saberuneko wrote:Aahhh! Great times of MOO.
I still played it like 2 months ago with DOSbox.

Heh.
Same here, though I personally found Master of Orion 2 to be more of my favorite game. Speaking of, if Warzone 2100 had a (spiritual) sequal, then I would've recommended replacing the older design system with a new design system that, in terms of structuring and organization, borrows concepts from both Master of Orion 2 and (even though the game seemed to be a disappointment) Master of Orion 3, such as choosing from a number of propulsion types, adjusting the vehicle's size, (optionally) adding enough weapons and systems that could fit onto the vehicle, and even being able to modify various attributes of weapons, systems, armor, etc. through some sort of checklist.

A while ago, I made this thread for people to discuss what they would want from a sequal to Warzone 2100, though sadly, nobody seemed to have any interest in discussing about it. :(
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100