New warzone 2100 on a new engine

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Re: New warzone 2100 on a new engine

Post by bendib »

That kind of rendering engine would ignite any of my graphics cards. x^D
Also known as Subsentient.
MagvesT
Greenhorn

Post by MagvesT »

You're a good cheater bendib,On what to write?:?
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

MagvesT wrote:You're a good cheater bendib,On what to write?:?
No, I'm not a cheater anymore. I haven't cheated since September 2010. I was a noob at the time, and when I realized how much cheating truly bothered people, I quit and just flat out left Warzone for a while, but I came back to play clean in late November. I have a subsystem (didn't write the base code, but modified it) that checks for defects/unreliabilities in hosts and reports things such as maps with mods to me before I start the game, but that's fair. I don't use it much however, because I can't hide the commands and some people think it's cheating, and also it's real buggy and crashes the game sometimes ;^)

If you want some wacky weapons AND a fair game, download this mod, by yours truly:download/file.php?id=8740
Also known as Subsentient.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

JDW wrote:
Buginator wrote:Oh, as for a engine that wouldn't violate... :ninja:
That's some amazing looking water, what engine is that?
Custom WIP.
and it ends here.
MagvesT
Greenhorn

Post by MagvesT »

bendib,Your cat on the avatar?
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Buginator wrote:Custom WIP.
Rumor has it he did it by hand with the eyedropper tool in GIMP working from a bootleg copy of a National Geographic nature documentary. And, yes, it does look nice.
HorusWM
Greenhorn

Post by HorusWM »

Sorry but my English is bad, but I need to clarify some details.

MaNGusT или кто-нибудь, кто говорит по-русски и достаточно хорошо понимает пользование лицензией GPL, будьте добры, скажите, могу ли я сделать ремейк на УДК (возможно даже коммерческий)? Я уже некоторое время веду разработку и случайно наткнулся на эту тему. Исходя из здешних постов мнения о том, что можно, а что нет расходятся, но мне нужно точно знать. Ни код, ни контент данной вз2100 я не копирую в УДК - все наработки мои, основанные лишь на вселенной, ее идеях и деталях. Подскажите, ребят, не хочется потратить много времени, а потом обломаться.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

контент(модели, текстуры, музыку и т.д.), код и саму торговую марку, тоесть Warzone 2100 использовать нельзя. а клоны клепай хоть каждый день, как китайцы раньше делали.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

from google translate :D
HorusWM wrote: or someone who speaks in Russian and is well understood using the GPL, please tell me, if I can do a remake on the UDK (perhaps commercial)? I have for some time leading the development and stumbled on this topic. Starting from the local post opinions about what can and can not disagree, but I need to know exactly. Neither the code nor the content of this vz2100 I did not copy in UDK - all my achievements based only on the universe, its ideas and details. Tell me, guys do not want to spend lots of time and then broken off.
MaNGusT wrote: content (models, textures, music, etc.), the code itself and a trademark, ie Warzone 2100 can not be used. and clones rivet though every day, as the Chinese used to do
HorusWM
Greenhorn

Post by HorusWM »

MaNGusT wrote:контент(модели, текстуры, музыку и т.д.), код и саму торговую марку, тоесть Warzone 2100 использовать нельзя. а клоны клепай хоть каждый день, как китайцы раньше делали.
Хм, но вики вот что говорит об этой лицензии:
GPL предоставляет получателям компьютерных программ следующие права, или «свободы»:
свободу запуска программы с любой целью;
свободу изучения того, как программа работает, и её модификации (предварительным условием для этого является доступ к исходному коду);
свободу распространения копий как исходного, так и исполняемого кода;
свободу улучшения программы, и выпуска улучшений в публичный доступ (предварительным условием для этого является доступ к исходному коду).

Кроме того, вот это написано на этом же сайте:
If you do feel that it is possible to port Warzone to a superior engine, feel free to do so yourself, with our ек. After all, Warzone is an open-source project; you may do with it nearly whatever you wish.
Это говорит о том, что могу использовать и контент, и код, и торговую марку как мне вздумается (меня интересует только последнее), за исключением, конечно, того, что сделано уже самими фанатами в resurrection project, я не прав? И что подразумевается под клонами?
MaNGusT wrote:content (models, textures, music, etc.), the code itself and a trademark, ie Warzone 2100 can not be used. and clones rivet though every day, as the Chinese used to do
Hmm, but that's what wiki says about this license:
The GPL provides recipients of computer programs have the following rights or "freedoms ":
freedom to run the program for any purpose;
freedom to study how the program works, and its modification (a prerequisite for this is that access to source code);
freedom to distribute copies as both source and executable code;
freedom to improve the program and release improvements to public access (a prerequisite for this is that access to source code).

This suggests that I can use content, code and brand name as I choose (I'm interested in only the last), except, of course, what has been done already by the fans in the resurrection project, I'm wrong? And what we mean by clones?
HorusWM
Greenhorn

Post by HorusWM »

All figured out, then I will make a clone, Zone of war 2100 or something like that)
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

This suggests that I can use content, code and brand name as I choose
The GPL says you have access to the code and content, NOT the trademark. You are free modify code and content. However, IF you release it publicly, you must make the code and content of your new versions available.

If you want to have any kind of serious discussion here, govoritye pa angliskii.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

короче если ты используешь контент а потом выпускаешь бесплатный релиз то ты должен всем показать исходники и то что ты изменил.
если хочешь продавать, то всё что ты можешь это сделать похожую игру, тоесть в простонародье клон.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

If you want to have any kind of serious discussion here, govoritye pa angliskii.
I think it was discussed long time ago ...
P.S. The community seems to be evolving in a cycle. I think i've even seen a previous league somewhere up there ...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Buginator wrote: Anyway, using Unreal development kit, is asking for trouble in the legal department, as that is a commercial engine, and there isn't a way to release the source code of that engine itself.

From what I understand / have been told, you are not allowed to mix our codebase with UDK or Unity, or any other closed source non GPL engine *if* you plan to release it to the public. That would be a violation of the GPL.

If it is private use, then, of course, it is OK.

If you would start out with the original source release, and use the GPL exception, then, AFAIK, you can release that version to the public, as long as you don't mix in any of our GPL code in your codebase, and you must release the source code changes as well.

I think that about covers it. :hmm:
I thought that was clear in what needs to be done to release it with the UDK ?

Here is a crappy translation:
Во всяком случае, с помощью Unreal Development Kit, может привести к неприятностям в юридическом отделе, так как это является коммерческой двигателя, и там не способ выпустить исходный код, что сам двигатель.

Из того, что я понимаю / сказали, вы не разрешается смешивать наши кодовой базы с UDK или единства, или любой другой закрытым исходным кодом, не двигатель GPL * * если вы планируете, чтобы освободить его для публики. Это было бы нарушением лицензии GPL.

Если это частное использование, то, конечно, все в порядке.

Если вы начинаете с исходной версии источника, и использовать исключения GPL, то, AFAIK, вы можете выпустить эту версию для публики, до тех пор, пока вы не смешивать в любом из наших GPL код в вашем коде, и вы должен освободить изменения исходного кода.

Я думаю, что примерно покрывает ее.
and it ends here.