Alpha11 Retreat

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
mastermindg
Greenhorn

Alpha11 Retreat

Post by mastermindg »

Where is the enemy retreating to in Alpha11? It looks like I've got all exits covered. I've got forces at 3 points(high road, middle road, and valley) and I'm still getting "Enemy is Escaping" and failure 5 seconds later. What am I missing?
zoid
Trained
Trained

Re: Alpha11 Retreat

Post by zoid »

Could you upload a savegame or screenshot?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

mastermindg wrote:Where is the enemy retreating to in Alpha11? It looks like I've got all exits covered. I've got forces at 3 points(high road, middle road, and valley) and I'm still getting "Enemy is Escaping" and failure 5 seconds later. What am I missing?

:lecture: go to your west ( left ) immediatly ( or there abouts ) after coming into LZ. you need to get to the far left side to intercept the escaping items... maybe... its been a long time since i played. :3
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Been a long time for me too. Don't stop to do battle, keep all your units moving nonstop until you reach enemy, I believe near the top left corner of map. There are two routes, one is shorter than the other. I remember going both, but I think the shortest way will slow you down because of tanks traps and enemy units.
mastermindg
Greenhorn

Post by mastermindg »

I followed BunkerBuster's advice and took my forces directly to the north-east quadrant as quickly as possible. I also attacked simultaneously from the lower path. I built defensive structures on all levels as well as mortars in the valley. Within 5 seconds of making initial contact I fail. I'm obviously missing something.
Screenshot
Screenshot
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Did your tanks come from two directions? I would manage my units to arrive from only one direction non-stop, once there you have to kill enemy quickly. If that doesn't work then there is something else I don't remember, sorry. It could also be the units you using, machine gun might not be able to kill enemy fast enough, Cannon may move to slow, I used lancer.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I remember in 1.10 version enemy units moving from left to right side of the map to the hill. Try to move very fast to the location I have pointed stay thee for a while (should enemy moving towards you) then go to that enemy LZ & should be fine, but I'm not sure :hmm:
Attachments
radar_alpha.png
radar_alpha.png (23.62 KiB) Viewed 5861 times
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
mastermindg
Greenhorn

Post by mastermindg »

Terminator: There are no enemies at the location you have pointed. Also, that position is heavily guarded with 8 mortars.

I'm using Python Lancers and HMG and they don't seem fast enough. I've got defenses along the perimeter. I'm mostly frustrated because there's no indication as to where the enemies are escaping to. How I am supposed to change my strategy when I don't know what I'm doing wrong?
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

mastermindg wrote:I've got defenses along the perimeter. I'm mostly frustrated because there's no indication as to where the enemies are escaping to. How I am supposed to change my strategy when I don't know what I'm doing wrong?
You don't have time to build defense. You need to bring maybe 2 transports of tanks then rush the enemy ignoring the scav bases. Maybe you only have time for 1 transport? Or is that not enough tanks? You won't see the enemy escape if you fail. And yes, when all else fails change your strategy. If you want attach a saved game prior to Alpha11 and I'll give it a try.
mastermindg
Greenhorn

Post by mastermindg »

I'm attached the save that I'm working off of.

I think my issue might me that I'm using mortars too early. Maybe I'm spooking the enemy? Just an idea.
Attachments
10thLevel.zip
(209.71 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
zoid
Trained
Trained

Post by zoid »

You win by retrieving the artifact (green dot), not by destroying the NP base. Within 5 minutes of your arrival, a NP force (yellow) will grab the artifact and run. If they reach their base, they will escape and you will lose. Move your forces (green) to intercept them. Don't worry about destroying any bases, just rush for the artifact. You literally have less than 5 minutes.

Hope this helps. :)
Attachments
map.PNG
map.PNG (33.04 KiB) Viewed 5806 times
mastermindg
Greenhorn

Post by mastermindg »

Zoid, you're a life-saver! You do need to rush to the escape-route within the first 5 minutes. After doing this and securing the area it's all pie from there. Thanks all for the help.
zoid
Trained
Trained

Post by zoid »

You're welcome. It's just one of those missions. :)
showbo
New user

Post by showbo »

Glad to hear someone else had this issue. I finally built a sensor tower, and I saw the artifact, after 6 tries... :)
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

This mission has generated more questions than any other, is there any way to update the mission briefing to be more clear?
:hmm:
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual