Keymaps

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
NoQ
Special
Special

Keymaps

Post by NoQ »

Just curious: how much do you customize the default keymap?

I usually remap Numpad Enter (that's very convenient to press with right thumb even when the hand is on the mouse) to "retreat at medium damage" (which i use really often; combination 'Ctrl+Z;Numpad Enter' thus selects all undamaged units of the same kind and sends the rest to repair), then multiplayer client screen is moved to Numpad 0 (also pressed with right thumb), unit order dialog goes to Tab, and "toggle overlays" goes to Delete; Most of this doesn't make much sense to laptop users who don't usually have a numpad. The rest is unchanged for me.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: Keymaps

Post by effigy »

I use the default keymaps, expect for the one for Cyborgs, because it hasn't been invented yet :(
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

You know, F5 also brings up the multiplayer client screen now. For laptop users, that may be easier than Fn+Enter.
icefire
Trained
Trained

Post by icefire »

Combined with the the group commands I really haven't found a need for extra keymaps and/or modify them. Most of the propulsion specific ones already do just fine for me.

However the return on repair is something I haven't thought of binding before, might do that in the future.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Someday I'm going to disable "spacebar" as the WZ Cam button (always hitting it trying to set a beacon).
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

effigy wrote:Someday I'm going to disable "spacebar" as the WZ Cam button (always hitting it trying to set a beacon).
:annoyed: not good... not good at all. :annoyed: