Multi player game talk...

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Multi player game talk...

Post by Kamaze »

Request/Chit-chat thread for Multi player game announcements
Last edited by Kamaze on 02 Jul 2007, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
CRISTIAN
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Multi player game announcements...

Post by CRISTIAN »

Version 2.0.7 ?
time in GMT haha  i'm from the other side of the planet  :P
If (windows rulez) then (Linux fails)
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

we need to get some sort of calander style page here on the site where people can post  on the calander the day and time they are wanting to play a game..

dont know if thats feasable or even possible.. but its a thought.
-= Dare not meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor well with bbq sauce =-

-=Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night. Set a man on fire and hes warm for the rest of his life=-
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Re: Multi player game talk...

Post by Kamaze »

And again, this is for chatting. The other topic _only_ for announcements.

A calender?
Does someone plans games weeks ago?
Ziasod
Trained
Trained

Post by Ziasod »

able to see other people timers. so u can see people using stuff like speedhack :P

gamespy support might be 1337 :D
I only wish 3 things in life; Beer, Happines and mêh own personal Mamoth tank!
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

well weeks ahead of time would be for things like tournaments.. but it would alow peopel to see what average times people usualy play their games.. and over a time patterns might emerge as choice playing times.
i dont know it was just me thinking out loud.
-= Dare not meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor well with bbq sauce =-

-=Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night. Set a man on fire and hes warm for the rest of his life=-
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

i tried the calender thingy 2 years ago... on the first wztoys site.... no one bothered to sign up.... even tried using a module for gaming - to show stats and stuff and to arrange games for teams etc.... again no one bothered.... now its being asked for...go figure ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Warmaster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Warmaster »

lav_coyote25 wrote: i tried the calender thingy 2 years ago... on the first wztoys site.... no one bothered to sign up.... even tried using a module for gaming - to show stats and stuff and to arrange games for teams etc.... again no one bothered.... now its being asked for...go figure ;D
And still nobody will bother with using it... =)
:D
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

While it seems like this is only for introducing or chatting out some features to get games going, with the lobby function I have a few questions. Is it open to post them here?
INTEL PENTIUM4 2.66GHZ PROCESSOR
2GB DUAL DDR PC3200 SDRAM
RADEON X1600 512MB AGP GRAPHICS CARD
WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2 OPERATING SYSTEM
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

J.Vaughan wrote: While it seems like this is only for introducing or chatting out some features to get games going, with the lobby function I have a few questions. Is it open to post them here?

yes go right on ahead... the game arrangements are in another thread.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

Is the wiki tutorial done on the game lobby done yet? I haven't been following resurrection lately and the email I received got my attention. The only multi player game with another human I've ever played was on a lan game with my neighbor... on the old original warzone. I'm in the lobby an I'm interested to know such things like what does the green dot signify, when I connect to them I see no players nor do I join the game or chat. Currently I see to games hosted online, is it possible they're ghosts because I just read ryo's post about his game he wanted to play 3 days ago and I see his game in the lobby now but am unable to connect or chat. I am behined a router however it does not offer unp(when ever), I am not behind a fire wall and I don't have port forwarding settings but at the same time I'm not trying to host. I'm trying to connect.
INTEL PENTIUM4 2.66GHZ PROCESSOR
2GB DUAL DDR PC3200 SDRAM
RADEON X1600 512MB AGP GRAPHICS CARD
WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2 OPERATING SYSTEM
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

well teh calender thing was just an idea...
being alot of people talking abou a good game lasting 8-12 hours  planing of something like that would be a bit beneficial.. especially if it granted extra players...

as for as the stats thing.. i wasent talking about a website for it.. just an after fight resolve and summary screen in game.

was also thinking if theres any plans for a remake of some of the GUI for the title screen options and other menus.. not in game.. but the post game menus?
Ive got some skills in photoshop if that would help but no programming skill..
and im thinking of a GUI update/modification will allow the options screen to be expanded..thus allowing a during game ability to change the resolution to the variety of sizes apart from being forced to edit the command line executable....
and a join game lobby to be incorperated..
it would also help work in the stastistics screen..
if factions ever got implimented..
perhaps even a section in the menu/options that alowed for a easy click interface for selecting mods to be implimented when the game starts..
It would also be a great place to add an IN game wiki/info screen or insturction manual detailing the basics of game play.. as ALOT of the new people that ive gotten to play this game are lacking on even the basics of what things do.

basiacly.. there was a companion programm called warzone starter that allowed you to with a gui.. chose what mods.. resolution.. AI levels.. and even a lobby menu before starting a game..  these are all features that everyone would love and really make the game a GREAT deal mroe user friendly..  but instead of a side companion program.. impliment it as basic features to the games main menus themselvs.

just me thinking aloud again.

wardog
Greenhorn

Post by wardog »

ill be making a game on multiplaqy around 6oclock everyday if anyone wants to join go right ahead ill just make random games

hey maybe we should have a warzone multiplayer tournament bettween us all that would be fun :)
wardog
Greenhorn

Post by wardog »

DFStormbringer wrote: well weeks ahead of time would be for things like tournaments.. but it would alow peopel to see what average times people usualy play their games.. and over a time patterns might emerge as choice playing times.
i dont know it was just me thinking out loud.
hmmmm i think we should try the pattern idea
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

And again, the other topic is not for talking.