getting hero units fast

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
lavalamp2100
Greenhorn

getting hero units fast

Post by lavalamp2100 »

hi i thought id tell u some thing i found out about while trying out things in the game. its not a cheat since i tryed it at first with out any to see if i could do it.
i was able to get 5 hero units on mission alpha 1, i was attaking the scav bass with the oil derrik in it. although it took me a good many hrs like 6-7.

so i went looking for things and after a few campain restarts, i came across the debug mode wich allows u to speed up game time to 20xspeed. well that allowed me to get 20 hero machinegun vipers in like 3-4 hrs i think maby less.
only cheat think i did was put a repair facility by each of my 3 units killing them at the 3 north bases.
i dont consider it cheating, only speeding up the game. and i tryed it first with out any help to make sure it could be done legitimately.

i thought id share this so others who may not know about it could experiance it.

on another note, i am lost as to how good med cannons are in campain and then them verses lances and those versus a mix of minipods and machinegun as a group. any help here would be apreciated
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Re: getting hero units fast

Post by Chojun »

I think the lack of a timer on the first mission giving way to hero units was definitely not intended by Pumpkin. The party-pooper in me would definitely change the first mission to have a timer :P
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Well, having a repair facility in the first mission most certainly is cheating :P
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
lavalamp2100
Greenhorn

Post by lavalamp2100 »

it is but i did it with out it at first. so i was just wanting to speed up the process
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

You can send a group of tanks to get the repair turret tech without killing the scav base with a derrick, but expext to take losses.

Alternately, you can leave the scav "outpost" with a derrick but no scav factory, and then leave the factory in the upper left (make sure to leave a scav p gen as well), so its more likely you can take the repair tech without losses.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

The idea of no timer at start is for getting players started withouth making them rush. But it shouldn't be abused.
What about a 2hour timer? Not extreme, and ensures a little margin for those new to the game.