Hm, Question?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Ryo
Trained
Trained

Hm, Question?

Post by Ryo »

Hi there!

Last week i found your project and im realy surprised that there is an active Project on WZ ^^ I hope you stay as motivated developing WZ as me and my friends stay motivated playing it! Great work, nice! ;-)

Hm but i have some Questions: as long as i remember, WZ has a problem if there are to mutch units and buildings on the map and you try to command your forces: they ceep standing arround and do nothing then feeding long range enemy fire.

Yesterday i thought i had found something about it at your project-site, but i was in hurry and today im not able to find it again ...  ::)

Is the something like a pre-patchlog for the next version ;-)

Thanks for your work,
Ryo
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Hm, Question?

Post by DevUrandom »

Last edited by Giel on 03 Jun 2007, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
Ryo
Trained
Trained

Post by Ryo »

Hm okay, thank you! Whats about the movement-problem?

Greets,
Ryo
sicanjal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sicanjal »

The problem still exists dependant on your processor spec and lies with the pathfinder. If a pathfind for a unit cannot be completed in a frame, it is suspended until the next frame. So without bogging the game down, it can still generate paths for units. However, if a lot of units are doing this (possibly only in Multiplayer), units will still sit around until they can find a route for their order, especially if the unit's jammed in somewhere and can't reach it's target anyway. You could elevate it somewhat by placing waypoints using CTRL + Left click to get them round tricky terrain yourself.

Today's machines should see no problem however. Even with a 8-player map with 7 AI opponents I haven't seen the pathfinder become bogged down at all.
Ryo
Trained
Trained

Post by Ryo »

Okay, thank you