Cheaters IP.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Cheaters IP.

Post by Wisler »

This is a cheaters IP he admitted to cheating and ruine dmany games, when question by a dev he denied it even though several honest players told this dev he was. he was not banned so watch out for his IP if you want to get a honest game.

(this is not flame thread, just want to let others know who is cheating).

I will update this with other cheaters IPs i find, as nothign as being done to stop them...
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 26 Sep 2010, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: proof is required - or shut the fuck up.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.
Delphinio
Art contributor

Re: Cheaters IP.

Post by Delphinio »

Didnt you know that normal IPs change with every reconnecting?
Maybe you got luck and he has a fixed IP, but i wouldnt count on it ^^.

-- Delphinio
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

several honest players told this dev he was
Could you please reveal the names involved? So that we can decide if they are not only honest but also competent to decide wether one is a cheater.
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

hao wrote:
several honest players told this dev he was
Could you please reveal the names involved? So that we can decide if they are not only honest but also competent to decide wether one is a cheater.
Well me i blaitently watched him cheat under 4 different names then he was talking about it in IRC, dont want to say other names incase i piss anyone off but i am 100% sure.

bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Ok, I AM SICK OF THIS!

I COULD cheat, and when my ally left or people didnt mind, I sometimes cheated. I always asked if the host minded in games I did not host, (though I did slip in the beginning a couple times) I NEVER completely hosed a game. Now, I am SICK of you wisler. I usually did not cheat, and now when I go to the forum with the intention of an honest game, as most often, I AM BOOTED! You once accused me of going in with different names and ruining games, and I am willing to take a lie detector test to confirm that is not true! Now I HAVE to use a different username to get into a game. I removed my cheating capabilities, which I never made too much of anyways, to try and regain ANY of the dignity I had left that you have taken from me, and still I am screwed. I swear on the bible that I tried to be ethical, and that I do not go around wrecking peoples games under other names! If I am lying, may I be dipped in hot oil! You have caused me a great deal of pain, and I will never forgive you for this. And one last thing I forgot to mention: The host usually knew, though sometimes the enemy did not. Don't want to leave out any details that you can use to wreck me further.
Also known as Subsentient.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Please close and purge this thread. I have enough issues in my life. Thank you. EDIT: Reading you edit, I retract the previous statement.
Last edited by bendib on 26 Sep 2010, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Oh well. I still don't think I have done anything wrong. For instance, is warning someone you are going to lie, and them being OK with it, and then you lying wrong? I don't think so. Most people really had fun with my flying trucks, but now a select few have ruined this for everyone. The chain reaction was with infodragon. I had my modified version running, and since I saw no point in moving my factories one tile away to ease his mind, I had a few next together. This was very benign to me, but apparently he did not feel the same way.

EDIT: I also remember I mentioned this issue with him, and he did not care. (he did not respond, so I asumed he did not care) If he did not like the idea he should have said so.
Last edited by bendib on 26 Sep 2010, 09:53, edited 2 times in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I remember a story with a guy called Cyp, and some other guys i didn't remember. We were playing a 4-player FFA. I was the host, and was at north-west location. The SW player has died very quickly and left. Cyp was at NE, and i destroyed him after a little struggle, though he was pretty good. One last guy at SE (i don't remember his name something starting with p..) managed to turtle up with bombards, and i started attacking him with heavy tanks. At the same time, i've sent a few tanks that destroyed Cyp's base (a few structures still remained, including a command center, but he was defeated already). But he didn't leave and asked if he was allowed use cheats to see how the game ends. As a host, i agreed with this, since he looked adequate. He cheated up a satellite uplink and a command center. He didn't suppress the cheating messages, so the third player saw it. Then the third player immediately left, though he heared a discussion and didn't complain when i agreed that Cyp can spectate.

Morale: :lecture: Don't ever cheat. Even when you're offered to. Don't ever allow anyone to cheat either.

I'm just saying i know what both of you guys mean (:
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

I have reached a conclusion that you are correct, however, this does not mean it is the way things SHOULD be. Noone is to blame. I see how this could lead to what I am currently experiencing, but I dream of a warzone where there are two types of games in the lobby: half with normal users, all normal users, and half with all cheaters. Imagine how much fun it would be if EVERYONE had all tech and infinite power. Explosions and glory galore, but since users could respawn, the fun could go on for days. VTOL trucks flying in all directions, fortresses on lakes, and oil wells made out of thin air for everyone. This is just a pipe dream, and I know it is about as likely as Bill Gates switching to Fedora, but it is how I feel things should be. The problem is immoral jerks would always end up in normal games, and trash these as well.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Wisler wrote:This is a cheaters IP he admitted to cheating and ruine dmany games, when question by a dev he denied it even though several honest players told this dev he was. he was not banned so watch out for his IP if you want to get a honest game.
The dev in question was me. I did not ban bendib because while he did admit to cheating, he said he only did it when people agreed to it.

I usually listen to the honest players Wisler is talking about, but I never really saw strong evidence that the people accusing bendib of cheating weren't doing it due to a misunderstanding, so I just told bendib to make absolutely sure to get everyone to agree to it and left it at that.
hao wrote:I remember a story with a guy called Cyp, and some other guys i didn't remember. We were playing a 4-player FFA. I was the host, and was at north-west location. The SW player has died very quickly and left. Cyp was at NE, and i destroyed him after a little struggle, though he was pretty good. One last guy at SE (i don't remember his name something starting with p..) managed to turtle up with bombards, and i started attacking him with heavy tanks. At the same time, i've sent a few tanks that destroyed Cyp's base (a few structures still remained, including a command center, but he was defeated already). But he didn't leave and asked if he was allowed use cheats to see how the game ends. As a host, i agreed with this, since he looked adequate. He cheated up a satellite uplink and a command center. He didn't suppress the cheating messages, so the third player saw it. Then the third player immediately left, though he heared a discussion and didn't complain when i agreed that Cyp can spectate.
Funny thing - Cyp is a developer. :P
hao wrote:Morale: :lecture: Don't ever cheat. Even when you're offered to. Don't ever allow anyone to cheat either.
Also, "moral" = "lesson of a story", "morale" = "how happy your army is"
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Also, "moral" = "lesson of a story", "morale" = "how happy your army is"
Thanks, i'm trying improve my inglish and i'm open for corrections (:
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

*ughh cheaters*

First, I would like to say a player going by the name Phaser cheats - confirmed and admitted, he was my ally, never build a single oil derrick the whole game it seemed he only power cheated, on a high oil map.
I always asked if the host minded in games I did not host, (though I did slip in the beginning a couple times) I NEVER completely hosed a game.
In my mind, any amount of cheating hoses a game.
Also, there are other players besides you and the host. You can ruin the game for them.
If you cheat, I hope at the bare minimum that you let *everyone* know from the beginning, so they don't waste their time if they aren't ok with it.
I swear on the bible that I tried to be ethical,
Swearing on the bible means nothing to me, if I were a "believer", the obvious contradiction between being a cheater, and being ethical, would lead me to conclude you were going to hell.
The host usually knew, though sometimes the enemy did not.
I'm sorry, you would have been better off keeping your mouth shut, from what you've said, I conclude you deserve all the crap you've been getting.
regain ANY of the dignity I had left that you have taken from me
He didn't take your dignity, you gave it up/lost it when you decided to cheat and hide it.
I have enough issues in my life.
Awww... poor you, getting called out on cheating on an online game hurts your feelings, boo hoo.
I still don't think I have done anything wrong. For instance, is warning someone you are going to lie, and them being OK with it, and then you lying wrong?
From your own statements, I would guess the majority of the people you have played against, did not know you were cheating, or were not warned before the game started.
If the game is hosted with a title of "all cheats allowed" or something like that, go for it.
Otherwise, I'd consider your actions to be those of "a prick"
We were playing a 4-player FFA ... i've sent a few tanks that destroyed Cyp's base (a few structures still remained, including a command center, but he was defeated already). But he didn't leave and asked if he was allowed use cheats to see how the game ends. As a host, i agreed with this, since he looked adequate. He cheated up a satellite uplink and a command center.
IMO, this form is acceptable, where it is out in the open for everyone, and does not affect the outcome. Cheating after you've been defeated just to watch, I would consider acceptable.
I dream of a warzone where there are two types of games in the lobby: half with normal users, all normal users, and half with all cheaters. Imagine how much fun it would be if EVERYONE had all tech and infinite power.
Half the players are cheaters? sounds like a nightmare.
If everyone had all tech and infinite power? sounds like a stupid waste of time.
How often do you think the 50% of all players would tire of going against foes with all tech and infinite power, and go into a non cheater game, and screw it up.
The problem is immoral jerks would always end up in normal games, and trash these as well.
Now you get the point, but you don't see your own hypocrisy.
If you actually played the game without cheats, and became somewhat good at it, you'd see how much your cheating trashes the game, even if from your cheater point of view, it seems relatively innocuous.

Any time you cheat on a game where cheating wasn't explicitly allowed in the title, you become one of those immoral jerks you just mentioned.
Germanium
Trained
Trained

Post by Germanium »

Well, get some sense. Iraq was accused to have weapons of mass destruction as well. People are obviously being able to say what they want. It is _us_ who shall interpret them.

What has the first to do with the latter? And who exactly has 100 percent proof? The police/courts rarely do. I count "police surveilance film" as the BS here. And yes, the (irc) community is quite friendly. Actually almost all are (players and devs).

Well and here lies _one_ of the problems. The word "minor" implies you are in no way interested to eliminate cheaters from the game. Yes, i can agree that the community learned to live with it. But why? Because a lot of hosts keep track of nicknames that already were watched "cheating". Is that a perfect way to do it? Well, i personally would prefer a game were they people wont have the chance to cheat _at all_! While that is not the case i have to live by people notifying me of cheaters if I have not seen them cheating myself.

Did i miss something here?
Wisler wrote:68.2.83.143
This is a cheaters IP he admitted to cheating and ruine dmany games, when question by a dev he denied it even though several honest players told this dev he was. he was not banned so watch out for his IP if you want to get a honest game.
(this is not flame thread, just want to let others know who is cheating).
I will update this with other cheaters IPs i find, as nothign as being done to stop them...
Where exactly is the yelling and screaming like a bunch of 2 year olds taking place? You are getting sick of people bitching about "nothing being done to stop them"? Well, the community is right to do so. Would you like spending hours into developing while a "2 year old kid" deletes all your work afterwards? Would you like a "autosave" function then? I bet you do.

... reminds me of a 2 year old as well. Well, i cannot say for myself that i did not overreact a couple of times (including on this forum). I normally apologize later. I hope you will get back to a stable self soon as well.

On the cheating issue itself:
We all know (or should know) that there are cheaters and so-called cheaters (that are no cheaters). Therefore keeping track of nicknames / IPs (both are definitely not perfect, see delphinos post) is currently the only way to have a kind of anti-cheating function in the game. I suspect that quite a lot of "cheaters" are on the list that should not be on it. Its a pity but not 100% our fault, half of it goes to the devs that did not implement something to prevent it yet. Does that mean i blame the devs? Well, no, since they do stuff in their free time... although i still think this should be one of the highest priorities for them, but i am not the one to decide that.
Cheating itself is troubling when it is not done too obvious. Having Gauss Hover at min 0 is one thing (time loss for non-cheating-players is 0-10min (since it takes some time to get a game together). Speed cheaters that swarm with 70+ tanks at min 5 with no bases start is often too close to the "real" max value of having 50 tanks at min 6 to decide if that was cheating or not. Still it is good to know his nickname and/ or IP so you can keep watching him. Maybe he is just better or he is building stuff faster because of the game/computer/graphics decide to have him doing stuff faster, but often and more likely he is a cheater. And this or power cheats are harder to detect and will cost people a lot more time and the "community" is right to bitch about that.
Keeping track of those "cheaters" and "suspected cheaters" is something i do not like to do but it is necessary unless only playing among friends. There is nothing wrong about keeping lists and distributing them - even on the forums. It even can help the noobs sometimes as they tend to accuse people of cheating quite fast and then can say "Germanium cheated, his IP is ..., and he had ripples at min 17 which is not possible". Then others or I can answer him to explain, it is possible or i let him believe that. Its still better that everyone knows that i am a suspected cheater and could possibly destroy games than just doing nothing and let me destroy games.

Just interested... is this post a reason for a ban? Not that i mind it that much.
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 26 Sep 2010, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited my own comments - seems the point was missed totally. germanium. your correct - i am not well. especially with dumbasses that wont stay to irc with their bullshit.
It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment. - Carl Friedrich Gauss
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

bendib wrote:Oh well. I still don't think I have done anything wrong. For instance, is warning someone you are going to lie, and them being OK with it, and then you lying wrong? I don't think so. Most people really had fun with my flying trucks, but now a select few have ruined this for everyone. The chain reaction was with infodragon. I had my modified version running, and since I saw no point in moving my factories one tile away to ease his mind, I had a few next together. This was very benign to me, but apparently he did not feel the same way.
Before the game began, you had asked infodragon whether it was okay for you to use cheats in the game. And he said "NO CHEATS" (because he wanted to have a good game of Warzone2100, and not waste his time admiring your work). You agreed with that at the time. But somewhere during the middle of your base building, you asked him again if you could use a cheat to let you build structures without any tiles in between two structures (It doesn't matter what your reasons were or even if the cheat was a benign one, using a cheat means that you're not playing by the book). You should have respected the wishes of the host.
bendib wrote:I also remember I mentioned this issue with him, and he did not care.
Do you also remember that he specifically said that NO cheats were allowed before the game began?
bendib wrote:he did not respond, so I asumed he did not care
He did not respond because you did not respect his wishes. He did make it very clear before the game began. You shouldn't have even bothered asking again when it was clear to you before the game began.
bendib wrote:If he did not like the idea he should have said so.
Assuming that he did not care was a very bad call on your part. This is where you really went wrong. If you do not see that, that means you do not care what other gamers want.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

This case honestly made me want to quit this game after years, i dont usually play public games due to the massive build up of cheaters that has developed, two days ago i decided to go play some, as like to meet new players.

Someone called Bendib came ruined the game with placing units and structures everywhere fortunately i told the other team what he was doing as they could not see. I then tried to play another game 3 more times one after another every time someone under a different name used these cheats.

All 4 games were ruined for all involved, due to host having to quit. Cant kick peopple in game except if it is ffa otherwise ruins game anyway.

Anyway day after someone called Bendib comes onto IRC he is questioned about cheating and admits it, i tell Zarel who is there and ask him to ban him. He talks to Bendib , Bendib denies all and is very polite to Zarel. So Zarel gives him a warning, and lets it slide.

when this guy gets bored again he will ruin another 20 peoples games, i wont be playing public servers for a while due to this, and i am sick of his dumbass comments on IRC, "he hopes i boil in oil" where is it normal for you to say that to another person?

But the fact that ive been playing this game for years, and my request for a cheat to be banned goes unheard by a dev who i know makes me sick...