Who Loves the Woman's Voice of the Computer ??

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Who Loves the Woman's Voice of the Computer ??

Post by Merowingg »

Well.. you can always do a black list as I and many others have :)

Speaking about the voice.. I wander how the recordidng looked like :)

Mr X - 'Hello Miss we are glad that you came, please say 'research completed, production completed, mission accomplished'

Miss - 'research completed, production completed'

Mr X - 'Ok thank you here you have your thousand of dollars'

Miss - 'Mission accomplished'

Hahahahahahha :) Well honestly I know it is not so easy and it is sometimas hours or even hundreds of ours of recording, I was just wandering how it was :) Maybe the lady didnt even care about what the voice will be used for, she thought 'stupid computer freaks' :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

mission field ?? :P
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
swatspeedman
Trained
Trained

Post by swatspeedman »

I like the voice from Warzone but it could never beat GLaDOS's voice with her sick humour ;)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Please remind me who or what GLaDOS's is, was, when I type it in googles there is some strange connection to its, or do i do it wrong again :hmm:

speaking of voices, I just recalled Red Queen again :)

Regards - Mero
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

swatspeedman wrote:I like the voice from Warzone but it could never beat GLaDOS's voice with her sick humour ;)
Portal, mero. Just a bit boring the second time round...
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Eh.. there is a game called Portal, there is even a Portal 2 game, do we speak about it ?? or there is a movie ?? and I am not sure what is boring again ?.. I hope this was not about this thread :augh:

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I understand I will not be answered ;)

I type here as I recalled this thread when I have heared the voice during the game just now :)

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

So, female computer voice fans, behold:

https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/label/mod/female -- a directory of all audio/video files in warzone featuring the female computer voice!

And, for anyone who wants to hear more of her in game (including some completely new messages from her): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9392#p103405

Now, did we ever work out what her name was in real life? I want to update credits list here: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... in+Studios
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

It's possible that, given how Warzone 2100 was Pumpkin Studios' 1st (and only) project, it's likely that some of these folks also did voice-overs for the various characters (much like how Frank Klepachi, who's best known for composing the soundtrack of the earlier C&C games up until C&C Renegade, also did the voice of the Commando from C&C: Tiberian Dawn).
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well honestly speaking a nice, this computer like voice of a woman, is always entertaining and less tiresome than some other things. There is a youtube video about Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer, soon I will post the voice of a woman from there, it is simply great for me.

I think nowadays it wouldnt be so hard to find a very similar voice to our oryginal.

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Yes, but convincing that voice to work for free is the hard part...
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

We can give that person Warzone 2100 copy fro fre :) :roll:

It doesnt have to be Monica Belluci :) bit on the other hand :hmm:

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Maybe Charlize Theron would beg us to be the female computer voice? She is also on my "future wives" to-do list. Message ends.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

:) I feel soulmate :) anyway think how good it would be for us if she would be your wife :)

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Free computer voice for life!!