Who Loves the Woman's Voice of the Computer ??

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Re: Who Loves the Woman's Voice of the Computer ??

Post by psychopompos »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXbhs1-osqg
as long as its not the voice of the red queen
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Gentlemen :)

brakenfur 54 :)
bring the female
thats the spirit !! ;) but seriously, in some mysterious way I like women voice more :)

NEXUS :) yes, not annoying, very good point !!

psychopomps :) to be honest I love the movie in which The Red Queen appear :) and the voice of the girl, the accent, pronunciation, articulation even :) is great !! but indeed her voice in game as so strong let me say, might be tiring if appear in game :)

Somehow the voice of the computer in warzone just fits perfectly :) at least for me :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

Merowingg don't u love most women like the Asian cuties you allways talk about on irc
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

brakenfur 54 :)

If you want to know, although this is not the topic.., I do love all women :) as they are the most beutiful cretures on the world :) they inspire me :) If I do talk about them on IRC, it is simply because I want to share my passion about them :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

i know it is not on topic but you just seem to like most women and of cource you love the voic of the computer
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Yes I do :) And speaking about the voice, yes I do like it very much :)

Regards - Mero
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

Post by XHero_of_ChaosX »

how about that "Production Completed." imagine the voice being all pregnant and everytime she has a baby, "production completed," rings through the air.. just get a whole ton of factories running and listen to the goodness. lol :D
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

Merowingg wrote:psychopomps :) to be honest I love the movie in which The Red Queen appear :) and the voice of the girl, the accent, pronunciation, articulation even :) is great !! but indeed her voice in game as so strong let me say, might be tiring if appear in game :)
i would simply be convinced my own hq building would start singing daisy bell as soon as i beat nexus
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well somehow I think the voice used right now in game is just perfect :) The voice of red queen might be too "strong" repeated so many times constantly and in many situations :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I am here to remind the phenomenon of the voice :)

Thats all ;)

Regards - Mero
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

I didn't mind the original Warzone 2100 voice, but I do prefer the voice overs of GDI's EVA unit from Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun or Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, or the Terran Adjutant from Starcraft 2.

Edit: It could use a wider range of quotations for multiplayer matches, such as the following:

"Cannot build here." (When something is in the way of building a new structure, such as terrain or a unit.)
"Low power." (When there's not enough power to produce something.)
"Additional power generators required." (When there's not enough power generators to handle all of your derricks.)
"Construction complete." (When a building has finished construction.)
"Unit ready." (When a unit has been produced.)
"New weapon available." (When a new weapon turret has been researched.)
"New system available." (When a new system turret has been researched.)
"New propulsion system available." (When a new propulsion system has been researched.)
"New vehicle body available." (When a new vehicle body has been researched.)
"New structure available." (When a new structure has been researched.)
"Upgrade complete." (When a new weapon, vehicle, or structure upgrade has been researched.)
"Power resource detected." (When an unoccupied resource node has been detected.)
"Beacon detected." (When an ally has placed a beacon on the map.)
"Laser satellite ready." (When your laser satellite command post is ready to fire.)
"Laser satellite firing sequence initiated." (When your laser satellite command post has been fired.)
"Laser satellite firing sequence detected." (When another player's laser satellite command post has been fired.)
"Enemy unit detected." (When an enemy ground unit is detected.)
"Enemy structure detected." (When an enemy structure is detected.)
"Enemy VTOL detected." (When an enemy VTOL is detected.)
"Enemy transport detected." (When an enemy transport is detected.)
"Enemy fortress detected." (When an enemy fortress is detected.)
"Enemy oil derrick detected." (When an enemy oil derrick is detected.)
"Enemy construction unit detected." (When an enemy truck or combat engineer is detected.)
"Enemy artillery barrage detected." (When enemy artillery units are firing upon your or your allies' forces.)
"Our allies are under attack." (When your allies' units are being attacked.)
"A unit is under attack." (When one of your units is being attacked.)
"A construction vehicle is under attack." (When one of your trucks or combat engineers are being attacked.)
"An oil derrick is under attack." (When one of your oil derricks is being attacked.)
"A structure is under attack." (When one of your structures is under attack.)
"Unit lost." (When one of your units were destroyed.)
"Structure lost." (When one of your structures were destroyed.)
"We've lost a construction vehicle." (When one of your trucks or combat engineers were destroyed.)
"We've lost an oil derrick." (When one of your oil derricks were destroyed.)
"A unit is being absorbed." (When one of your units are being taken over by a NEXUS link turret.)
"A structure is being absorbed." (When one of your structures are being taken over by a NEXUS link turret.)
"Unit absorbed." (When one of your units were taken over by a NEXUS link turret.)
"Structure absorbed." (When one of your structures were taken over by a NEXUS link turret.)
"Enemy unit absorbed." (When one of your enemy units or structures were taken over by one of your NEXUS link turrets.)
"Enemy player defeated." (When an opponent player was defeated.)
"Allied player defeated." (When one of your allies were defeated.)
"You have been defeated." (When you have been defeated.)
"Power transferred." (When you receive power from an ally.)
"Units transferred." (When you receive units or structures from an ally.)
"You are victorious." (When you've won a match.)
"You've lost the battle." (When you've lost a match.)
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I didn't mind the original Warzone 2100 voice, but I do prefer the voice overs of GDI's EVA unit from Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun or Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, or the Terran Adjutant from Starcraft 2.
You traitor ;)

I am kidding of course :) We shouldn exaggerate with commands too, but some of them :hmm:

With the oryginal voice of course ! :)

Regards - Mero
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

I'm not sure if we can just get whoever did the Warzone 2100 computer's voice to update the set of voice commands that easily. I mean, how can we contact her (if she's still available)? :P

Anyways, that long list of suggestions for computer quotes is there as a suggestion on how to effectively alert the player that something has developed while they're preoccupied with what's on their screen. I could also list a bunch of suggested unit quotes if you'd like. :wink:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Shadow Wolf TJC :)

Well it was already stated earlier here who the woman is/was :)

And i think with todays technology it wouldn be very hard to find someone very similar or create her voice from the old one :)

And i know it is only the list of suggestions :) which are quite nice actually :)

What about "quiter detected!" or "cheater detected!" ?? :)

Regards - Mero
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

:lol2: It would be sweet if it could do that, but sadly, I doubt that the system would recognize it.