RBL - looking for the best players.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: RBL - looking for the best players.

Post by Terminator »

I know devastator, his favorite tactics is rush. He beats me couple of times. I haven't notice any cheating things.
I think in 80% cases, people don't use cheats in wz, this all strange things like HP restore, units blow up, faste proggres - its all sync problems of wz. I think its cause of different framerates, anyway wz still not perfect.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I know Devastator as well - he's been around for a long time; I doubt he's the cheater type.
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

Wow,I have a hiden team at my back.Thank you guys :D
franek12354
Trained
Trained

Post by franek12354 »

I also know devastator from yestr day by demolish my plan to rickroll WARDOG as he won 200 in milionaire
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

Like i said i didnt say he definetly cheated, thats just what it appeared to be. Although daltx told me in this version there is somekind of bug which lets some people build things 50% faster?^^ As in some trucks build a factory in 60 secs and some in 40....if so this is serious bug and we should move back to previous version imo.

Perhaps it was the combination of this and lag, but people know me too and know when i lose which i often do, i dont make a regular habit of accussing people of hacking.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

That's why I wanted a test of speed between us.But didn't hear of this bug O_o .I tested with random player...the same time of producing.
But...I checked screenshots once more.I had my 1st tank earlier then you did,checked all the time with F5.And I got 1st tank only at 2:48,and it's not even fastest.cause started producing only after 3 factories ready.Mb you missed some little details or your system rly works slower.=\
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I'm sorry, Its because of me, this topic become a cheater's conspiracy.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Germanium
Trained
Trained

Post by Germanium »

Unfortunately, Wisler, it is not always a hack. I have done some testing with truckspin about build times of buildings... sometimes i takes 40 something seconds for 1 truck to build a fac, sometimes 60 something seconds... AND this can happen in the same game/team... like one game i build facs/labs, etc in ~40 seconds and truckspins in ~60 seconds. (On a side note: interestingly it is always either ~40 or ~60, but never something else! *being puzzled*)

ups--- missed the third page... you already know about it... consider the post obsolete

Zarel and devs claim this to be a CPU, Graphic Cards and Networking issue. I do know truckspin doesnt cheat though. Still, the above scenario with that "devastator" guy you described is impossible, unless its really a CPU issue and he is playing on Jaguar (TOP 1 in the Supercomputer list). The thing is that if this happens with buildings i am sure it can happen with research as well. About the amount i am unsure, but 40 vs 60 seconds ... well i consider that unfair.

About cheating... there are only few obvious cases where we can be 100% sure that people cheat unfortunately (like Gauss Hover min 1 or building ships). While i agree (and do it myself) to put the suspected cheaters (like devastator) on blacklists for (at least my) games, unfortunately it cannot be said for sure that they are cheating (and yes, i noted the 99% ;-)).

As a result to this i put all "suspected" cheaters on the cheater blacklist as well. I might have some people on that list that dont deserve it, but its still better that way around.
It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment. - Carl Friedrich Gauss
marsbound2024
Trained
Trained

Post by marsbound2024 »

A bit of hostility in this thread for such a small community. At this point, we should respect most every player, including people who aren't terribly good. Cheaters are a different story of course. If there are hopes for a community to come together and really help revitalize the game, then we need to be respectful of all those here.
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

I'm going to ignore the "pissing match" of the last two pages, and just ask about this:
I have done some testing with truckspin about build times of buildings... sometimes i takes 40 something seconds for 1 truck to build a fac, sometimes 60 something seconds... AND this can happen in the same game/team... like one game i build facs/labs, etc in ~40 seconds and truckspins in ~60 seconds. (On a side note: interestingly it is always either ~40 or ~60, but never something else! *being puzzled*)

ups--- missed the third page... you already know about it... consider the post obsolete

Zarel and devs claim this to be a CPU, Graphic Cards and Networking issue. I do know truckspin doesnt cheat though. Still, the above scenario with that "devastator" guy you described is impossible, unless its really a CPU issue and he is playing on Jaguar (TOP 1 in the Supercomputer list). The thing is that if this happens with buildings i am sure it can happen with research as well. About the amount i am unsure, but 40 vs 60 seconds ... well i consider that unfair.
Do you observe this in skirmish? or only in multiplayer?
Might one player have one factory build in 40 sec, and then the second factory built in 60 seconds? or does that one player have a better build time for the whole game?
Does this ever happen with units?
This sounds like a major issue that until solved, should result in a moratorium on rushes.

It could also explain some games i've had where I started to suspect something was up based on how fast the enemy was able to mass their units.
Germanium
Trained
Trained

Post by Germanium »

This were multiplayer games with me and truckspin only after we suspected something during a real (4-8 player games) MP game (or more). It was always being constant (40 or 60) for one player. MOST games were normal (1 truck 60 sec) but some were not. The difference? We dont know yet. And yes, this is a major issue for me too, and there is a bug report posted by truckspin somewhere too.

Also true, some of the "suspected" cheaters might not be cheaters. I dont know if this is true for units (havent tested it) but i suspect yes.
It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment. - Carl Friedrich Gauss
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

Clans are good, but this game does not have a lot of support for it.

Im flying solo..
s-s-oooooo-l-o
s-s-oooooo-l-o
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
franek12354
Trained
Trained

Post by franek12354 »

I predict in year 2011 90%= pople will join anyclan does that mean that WWIII will begun