Eidos launching new version?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Kyor
Trained
Trained

Eidos launching new version?

Post by Kyor »

I know that's a stupid thread, and the game is opensource, cant be revoked, but see this message, posted into one of the most famous brazilian' download websites.

I know too that the developer were the Pivotal Games, but...why do this guy've said that?

Is he stupid or something like?

Original Message:
Eu trabalho na Eidos Brasil TM e esse erro de uma unidade andar em círculos tem a causa de você dar uma operação inválida para a unidade, Ex.:um pedreiro (caminhão), se você mandar ele construir em um local onde mesmo mostrando que é possível ele não responde : o porque é = relevos, depressões, entre outros... Isto é um Comunicado a todos também e obrigado por expressar erros do jogo!!! Estamos fazendo uma nova version para o jogo que não terá esse erro... Obrigado mas Uma vez! Raphael Gregor Herrmann / designer & animator Eidos interactive Tm
Translation:
I work at  Eidos Brasil TM and this error of the unit moving in circles have the cause of you give it an invalid operation., Ex.: a truck, if you send him to build into a place who is possible to build, but he does not respond, the why is cliffs, depressions and others. This is a message to everybody, and thanks for expressing in-game bugs!We're making a new version for the game who will not get this error. Thanks Again! Raphael Gregor Herrman / designer & animator. Eidos interactive TM
http://baixaki.ig.com.br/download/Warzone-2100.htm
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Re: Eidos launching new version?

Post by Hatsjoe »

WTF  ???
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Hatsjoe wrote: WTF  ???
I bet the guy isn't even from Eidos. At least I don't take him seriously, I rarely do take people seriously who in their signature put a TM after the company they're supposed to work for. Furthermore Eidos is a publishing company, not a programming one. That means that, although they probably have some programmers working for them, they most certainly wouldn't ask them to produce a new version of a game. They would most likely just seek out another company that would be willing to do the programming job.

Anyway they (i.e. Eidos or any company really) could still start producing a version of their own, they would however have to release the source code under the terms of the GPL along with the binaries. Unless they start from scratch, or in case of Eidos if they use the version that was released under GPL (or a version before that), since that contains no contributions from other people.

That said, I am pretty sure that this Raphael guy is talking nonsense.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Kyor
Trained
Trained

Post by Kyor »

I can see that... his portuguese is terrible [ I can see many grammar errors in the original message]
Kardas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kardas »

Let's not forget that Pumpkin Studios (developer of wz2100) is missing and presumed dead, Eidos couldn't just pick up and edit without that satellite developer around.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your fights, but picking fights for your friends is hilarious.