Questions: Documentation, Restart a mission, Commander, Music

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Azraiel
Trained
Trained

Questions: Documentation, Restart a mission, Commander, Music

Post by Azraiel »

OK, first question would be, is there some reading bits available that describes what everything does in the game. I mean everything! This would be a huge file I know.

Second, is there a way to restart a mission? I have failed in mine, because I suck, and my save file is only like 15 minutes of time left.

Third, what function does the commander server? What good is this?

Fourth, is there music? I like music. If there is, how to make it work?

And I could go on and on and on. There is a lot of stuff I don't know what it does.
Last edited by DevUrandom on 05 Apr 2007, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
Kyor
Trained
Trained

Re: Help me.

Post by Kyor »

1st - Read tutorials =]

2nd - No, but you can cheat and win it =X

3rd - He is used to control units just like a sensor improves the accurracy of a mortar. I really dont know how good he is.

4th - Yeah, is there music. Go to http://wz2100.net/wiki/development:modd ... ng?s=music and do what you want.
The original soundtracks can be found at www.krossfire.ru [Yeah, its russian, i dont understand anything too. Use google translator.]
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Re: Help me.

Post by Hatsjoe »

1: You can find all written info in the warzone documents which can be found here : http://members.shaw.ca/kgmetcalfe/

3: Other advantages of a commander are: you can control a whole group by ordering just 1 unit and you know that you're units rank up when killing enemies right ? well if a unit under command of a commander kills an enemy, both the unit and the commander get a kill. This means that you extually get double the experience when using a commander. tip: assign some tanks to a commander, go hunting and then recycle the commander into a normal unit. then recycle a normal tank into the new commander of that group. Do this over and over again and you'll soon have an army of highly experienced, ex commander tanks.
Azraiel
Trained
Trained

Re: Questions: Documentation, Restart a mission, Commander, Music

Post by Azraiel »

Great thanks. If artillery gets more accurate with sensors, I would hate to see them without. I had a group of 4 mortars hitting my own men who were at optimal range with medium cannons than they were hitting the target.
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Azraiel wrote: Great thanks. If artillery gets more accurate with sensors, I would hate to see them without. I had a group of 4 mortars hitting my own men who were at optimal range with medium cannons than they were hitting the target.
Not only do they lose accuracy without a sensor, they also fall back to their own internal sensor so their attacking distance drops significantly. (you can also use the commander as a sensor unit for your artillery)
genxghost
New user

Post by genxghost »

i find that a commander isnt as effective though. also i much prefer using a scout (hover, light body, full spec or radar).

artillery???? research all the way so you can get hell storms. then build 5 of em and one full spec tower right next to an enemy base.... and for some reason im seeing shells come from my bases general direction even though they are out of range by like 10 times. probably the ground shakers.
For the Technology of Peace! PEACE THROUGH POWER!!!
ihj8264
New user

Post by ihj8264 »

you can do music at beginning thru options. let me know about the save problem solution please
Kyor
Trained
Trained

Post by Kyor »

genxghost wrote: i find that a commander isnt as effective though. also i much prefer using a scout (hover, light body, full spec or radar).

artillery???? research all the way so you can get hell storms. then build 5 of em and one full spec tower right next to an enemy base.... and for some reason im seeing shells come from my bases general direction even though they are out of range by like 10 times. probably the ground shakers.
GS and Hellstorm has a HUGE range...

You can also use a Wide Spec turret to do massive ranged attacks, in the case of big maps.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Azraiel wrote: Second, is there a way to restart a mission? I have failed in mine, because I suck, and my save file is only like 15 minutes of time left.
when you finish a mission, it gives you an option to save the game -- any time you save during a mission, you should always use a different slot than the "start of mission" save, that way, you will always be able to load the game before the mission even starts (effectively a restart).

would be nice if the engine did this implicitly -- created a hidden save game file at the start of a given mission, that cannot be overwritten, but can be loaded at will.