Community Introductions

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Christheturtle
Trained
Trained

Community Introductions

Post by Christheturtle »

Hello there everyone.

As is customary in most forum communities, an introduction post is needed. So here you go. Feel free to explain a bit about yourself, where you come from, what you do, anything. It's nice to get to know the people you play with. I will go first.

I'm Chris, from England. I'm fortunate enough to be very high up in a successful business so I have a lot of experience when it comes to the marketing side of things. I came from a background of nothing, and I travelled the world for a few years, going to places I've never been and meeting amazing people on the way. After a while, I decided to settle down and start a career. I got my grades redone, went to college then university and well... Here I am. :)

My job is to further progress this community and the game, and in the long run bring about more users and more developers. Spread the word of Warzone.

Anyway, enough rambling from me... Now it's your turn.
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Re: Community Introductions

Post by Roux Le Corps »

Ryan here, I'm still in high school and living in Australia.

I think i can be a fairly decent kid, and I try not to make any enemies on these forums here although i do realize i can be stupid ^_^

Im addicted to this game and i'm trying to do some maps while constantly hovering on the fringe of fandom (i do fanarts and fanficts to put it in the nerdiest way possible)

hope to hear some more introductions in here ^_^

NEXT VICTIM~ i mean... next introduction...
Dourden4
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dourden4 »

Well im Justin, from The USA. Im from a rural area of the country and love the quiet life! Not much to tell really, but i really love playing this game, and wish i could do more to help with it. If anyone has any suggestions as to where i can gain the knowledge to help with any of the projects let me know! I would love to contribute to this great project!

On to the next!
Christheturtle
Trained
Trained

Post by Christheturtle »

Dourden4 wrote:Well im Justin, from The USA. Im from a rural area of the country and love the quiet life! Not much to tell really, but i really love playing this game, and wish i could do more to help with it. If anyone has any suggestions as to where i can gain the knowledge to help with any of the projects let me know! I would love to contribute to this great project!

On to the next!
Well if you're a developer then there is many things you can contribute towards. However I assume you're not (shoot me down if I'm wrong) so another way to contribute would be artwork. Create new units, etcetera. Head on over to the Artists forum for that.

If you need any other help, just let me know. :wink:
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

Post by XHero_of_ChaosX »

My name is Sky, im 20. i have to say, im with Justin on the country thing. I love the quiet. :D Im from Kentucky. Currently working in retail and will soon be entering the Army National Guard for law enforcement and MP work. Ive always been a big fan of Warzone since it came out, and I am happy to see that it is still very much alive. :D

Thanks for everything you guys have done to keep this game going. Keep it up, I'll be here to support. :D
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

Christheturtle wrote:Hello there everyone.
My job is to further progress this community and the game, and in the long run bring about more users and more developers. Spread the word of Warzone.
You piqued my interest, getting more users isn't that hard, but how do you get more developers?

I don't think I have seen your handle before, and I have been lurking for a long time. Did you use another handle before?
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

I'm Will very near to the lake district in England. I'm 13 (14 now ;)) and at Queen Elizabeth Grammar School in a nearby town. I found Warzone 2100 while browsing portableapps.com then decided to google it and get the normal version. Ever since ive been hooked!
Last edited by Wibble199 on 02 Sep 2010, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Maedhros
Trained
Trained

Post by Maedhros »

thought i'd jump in on the introductions :)

My name is Keith, and i'm 25. I live on the south coast of England not too far from Brighton.
I found this game totally at random, but have played it on the ps1 (which i still own :P)
my entire knowledge on developing and coding and stuf is basically nil unfortunately, and my drawing/artwork is pretty dire' i can just about manage stick men lol

well, hope thats enough for y'all for now :)
BestRTS
New user

Post by BestRTS »

Hi everyone!

My name is Jeremy and I live in New Zealand. I stumbled across this site and to my amazement realized that this is one of the first RTS games I ever played back before jesus was born... (joke) So I am downloading it as we speak for a flashback jam lol.
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

Post by XHero_of_ChaosX »

Welcome Jeremy. :)
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
Christheturtle
Trained
Trained

Post by Christheturtle »

Wibble199 wrote:I'm Will very near to the lake district in England. I'm 13 and at Queen Elizabeth Grammar School in a nearby town. I found Warzone 2100 while browsing portableapps.com then decided to google it and get the normal version. Ever since ive been hooked!
I also live somewhat near the lake district. It's in near driving distance? Darlington, County Durham here for me!
Maedhros wrote:thought i'd jump in on the introductions :)
Dude, I like your forum picture.
comanighttrain
Greenhorn

Post by comanighttrain »

Greetings,

I am Dave, I am a dev from Glasgow in Scotland and wz2100 Is my favourite Rts! (sorry but .... Toe jam and earl has a firm grasp on the title). I tried to get involved in this project years ago but uni took up all my time, and now I have a job and have more time (go figure). Looks like most of the work is done now!

I want to join in, will chat more and bomb your base when I get to my pc!
Christheturtle
Trained
Trained

Post by Christheturtle »

Fantastic, if you really want to "join in" I'd suggest becoming active on the IRC channel whenever possible. It's where the majority of the 'banter' is held.
m1ndgames
Trained
Trained

Post by m1ndgames »

Since im now more active on the Forums, i could introduce myself :)

My name is Florian, im 27 and a Sysadmin from Germany. I played Warzone on the Playstation and found out about this great project when i searched the ubuntu repo for any good games.. And Warzone is imo the best under-linux-running game out there, so thanks alot for your great work! :)

My coding skills are limited, as a admin im more a scripter then a coder, im quite experienced in perl and shell scripting, but the c/c++ i learned years ago at school is so rusty that everything beyond reading code is a real pain ;)

I would really like to help the project but because of this, im very limited... I started to create a new Lobby Server that talks with the client over xml queries and writes the games to a sql database. I would like to get more in touch with the devs so that they tell me how they want their new lobby server, i would do it if you guys tell me what you need (exact communication strings would be great :D)

You can see my progress on this in this topic... it allready dropped to page 3 on the suggestions board and i dont know how to get any further... If the idea gets acceppted it could be moved to the coding subsection so it maybe gets more publicity...

and sorry if my english isnt perfect, it isnt my native language and sometimes its hard to explain something ;)

ah and if you wonder about my signature: im a dj and my artistname contains a bad word, so does the url ;)
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

My name is Austin, i turned 17 recently and live in Illinois, I have loved this game ever since i tried the demo for it on a game called GEX for the PSone, I was disappointed when i found the ps1 version was hard to play, i later discovered this great community that brought it back.

The best thing i can contribute is maps, Naturally I can create fantastic ideas and improvements, as well as creating a map from scratch. I am limited though, as no one has created a map maker for MAC. The NTW maps are boring with all the squares, and some maps are a polygonal catastrophe, I would love to make some great maps that everyone would like to play.

As I play this game i keep a piece of paper handy, and whenever something bothers me i write it down and post it in the ideas forum.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.