where to get

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
MindRot
Greenhorn

where to get

Post by MindRot »

anyone know where i can pick up wdg explorer? And also, does anyone have an ai that works with 2.x.x?..the current ai just seems too easy... :(
Last edited by MindRot on 25 Mar 2007, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Re: where to get

Post by Giel »

MindRot wrote: anyone know where i can pick up wdg explorer? And also, does anyone have an ai that works with 2.x.x?..the current ai just seems too easy... :(
Warzone's current archive format is simply zip. So renaming the archives to .zip should enable you to use your favorite zip explorer (most don't even need a renamed extension).
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

unfortunately, that won't quite work... the old format (wdg) was an in-house proprietary archive format which was, at best, very hard to work with, which is why we're now using an open format. iirc, most of the details surrounding the 1.x format was reverse engineered in large part due to the efforts of stratadrake, but at that time, no new tools were needed, and thus none were developed. i looked through my stuff, expecting to find a copy of wdgexplorer, but came up short. i'm sure someone has it though, and i'm guessing coyote knows where to find it.
MindRot
Greenhorn

Post by MindRot »

alright, thanks for taking the time to look for it kage.
I shall wait patiently for someone that has it or knows where i can get it  :D
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

well... yep i do. i have about (give or take a gig) 5 gig of warzone and related files.

just extract to your  (mydocuments folder)  inside the folder you will find both wdg explorer with an html readme (tells how to run it ) and the map printer from the warzone.de folks -  WarZone2100.de  (MapPrinter V1.2.1 - created by BotmanGT with both english and german ini files)

all you have to do is run all from the folder.  only works for the original warzone 2100...wdg  extension.
Attachments
wdg explorer.7z
(2.46 MiB) Downloaded 261 times
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
MindRot
Greenhorn

Post by MindRot »

much appreciated lav..thanks
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

lav_coyote25 wrote:... and the map printer from the warzone.de folks -  WarZone2100.de  (MapPrinter V1.2.1 - created by BotmanGT with both english and german ini files)
First of all, my apologies for awakening this thread.

Now, why not have a mention of this fine tool in the Wiki? I'm sure many mappers here would love providing previews made by this tool. BTW, is it open source and can it be hosted on sourceforge if it is?
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce