Cheaters online?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Re: Cheaters online?

Post by BunkerBlaster »

XboxJosh wrote:His tank alloys were also good. (Our fully upg'd lancers didn't dent them) He reached auto-repair within 30-35 minutes.
It takes me exactly 30 minutes to get auto-repair in skirmish.

I think you guys are missing the point. Do some people cheat? YES. Just as they do other games. There have been games with very good anti cheat in place and people will find a way to circumvent it. The worse hacker in this game is the one that knows how to make other people cheat without their knowing it.

As far as andres you didnt post his ip. If its the same guy I played with he has a static ip and uses 4 different names. Simply block his ip in your firewall just before the instruction of allow all and problem resolved. If you dont know how to do that then kick him in Warzone and he wont be able to rejoin for that game. If your the host your in control, define who your friends are and block those that are not. You can also Host a private locked game and only invite those that you want in your game.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Hmm. I've been accused of cheating several times, though i never cheat. :ninja:
It takes me exactly 30 minutes to get auto-repair in skirmish.
Depends on the power level, doesn't it? :wink:
And yes, it's important to learn the tech tree. Some techs are much closer than they feel to be.
I have before when we were just playing around. Don't know why you couldn't
The game says pretty clearly that cheats are disabled in MP. :?
icefire
Trained
Trained

Post by icefire »

hao wrote:ImageThe game says pretty clearly that cheats are disabled in MP. :?
Not too hard to enable them, I've done quite a few tests in this regard...
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

It happened to me once, I was in debug mode to test the map I made so I stopped the game. I forgot to unpause the game and once I entered a mp game, I was able to cheat. I asked to rehost while I restarted the game to get rid of the debug mode (it happened while using beta 11 or 12).
Xfire-->chris37killer
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

icefire wrote:Not too hard to enable them, I've done quite a few tests in this regard...
Alpha93 wrote:It happened to me once, I was in debug mode to test the map I made so I stopped the game. I forgot to unpause the game and once I entered a mp game, I was able to cheat. I asked to rehost while I restarted the game to get rid of the debug mode (it happened while using beta 11 or 12).
Well I cannot do it in MP game. If you two can do it in ver 2.3_rc1a please submit a ticket asap. http://developer.wz2100.net/
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Confirmed, I asked andres personally if he cheats and he replied "sometimes, why?"

._.
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

Saberuneko wrote:Confirmed, I asked andres personally if he cheats and he replied "sometimes, why?"
I would like to note that if you look at that picture who has left the game? Andres! Who is very likely warkk, which means he cheats and is saying I am doing random stuff which none of his random statements make any sense. :? As in the picture he shows has someone "Kracker" saying my mistakes in pretending to kick him , which I am glad I made now.
icefire
Trained
Trained

Post by icefire »

BunkerBlaster wrote: Well I cannot do it in MP game. If you two can do it in ver 2.3_rc1a please submit a ticket asap. http://developer.wz2100.net/
It's not a bug, just not that hard to disable all checks for multiplayer debug if you know what you're doing.