load game

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
theta
New user

load game

Post by theta »

is it possible to load a saved game without starting a game, pushing esc, and seleting load?
there should be something in the main menu
or is there and i havent noticed it yet?

it kinda sux to have to start a new game whenever i wanna continue my saved one
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: load game

Post by DevUrandom »

A bit hidden, but it works: Mainmenu -> singleplayer -> load campaign
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

DevUrandom wrote: A bit hidden, but it works: Mainmenu -> singleplayer -> load campaign
i m just thinking of something: you say the option to load a campaign has been a bit hidden but when thinking about it i 'd say it's just in the wrrong place. Since pumpkin made it possible in one of the updates to save skirmish the load option should no longer have been placed under single player. I know that skirmisch is actually also a single player mode but the option to start skirmisch is located under multiplayer. Now the load option is actually named load campaign just as you said. This implies that skirmisch games are normally not possible to be saved. or if they were they would be found in a menu called load multiplayer under the menu option multiplayer. What i'm saying is: someone should seriously consider placing the start skirmisch option under the singleplayer menu and renaming the load campaign option to load game or adding another option labeled "load skirmish" you probably think this is not important but the fact that Theta didn't find it proves that it's not
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

I know. If someone knows how to modify the GUI: Please have a go. Otherwise I may find time for it, but it'll take a while.
Last edited by DevUrandom on 11 Mar 2007, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

DevUrandom wrote: I know. If someone knows how to modify the guy: Please have a go. Otherwise I may find time for it, but it'll take a while.
@DevUrandom: I don't want to sound nagging, but I saw you using the word "guy" quite a lot when actually you where talking about the GUI (i.e. Graphical User Interface), this is a bit confusing really.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Yes, recognized that myself... Sorry. Sounds the same, so I mixed it up. :(