What aret the goals for this project?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
dz0
New user

What aret the goals for this project?

Post by dz0 »

I am an old school Starcraft and Warcraft 3 fan.  I just recently came across the demo of Supreme Commander and didn't care much for it.  I like COH, but while it's graphics are great, it is not a better game than WC3 i think.

So..was thinking, since Blizzard refuses to make a sequel for SC and WC3, there must be some brilliant developers out there that can take those games as they are an enhance them with better graphics and a few additional features.

Is this project along those lines (i.e. make a better RTS in the spirit of SC and WC3?)

thanks..
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: What aret the goals for this project?

Post by Watermelon »

dz0 wrote: I am an old school Starcraft and Warcraft 3 fan.  I just recently came across the demo of Supreme Commander and didn't care much for it.  I like COH, but while it's graphics are great, it is not a better game than WC3 i think.

So..was thinking, since Blizzard refuses to make a sequel for SC and WC3, there must be some brilliant developers out there that can take those games as they are an enhance them with better graphics and a few additional features.

Is this project along those lines (i.e. make a better RTS in the spirit of SC and WC3?)

thanks..
Cloning Blizzard game or even creating a mod with Blizzard games' story and such is a big nono,or a 48 hours C&D letter will be forwarded to your project's contact email inbox in no time.

Though you can create a mod with wz engine or any open source rts engine with similiar gameplay styles and use your own stories.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

dz0 wrote: Is this project along those lines (i.e. make a better RTS in the spirit of SC and WC3?)
If what you mean with that is to create an awsome RTS game and make it even better then that is a yes. If you mean whether our goals (or one of them) is to somehow mimic starcraft or warcraft (whatever version of it) then the answer is no.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
trueblues
Greenhorn

Post by trueblues »

Even so I think it is still worth trying warzone2100  ;)
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

trueblues wrote: Even so I think it is still worth trying warzone2100  ;)
Go for it.  If you make a good WZ2100 mod along these lines, I'm sure you will get recognized.