Grims GFX mod

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Cruster
Greenhorn

Grims GFX mod

Post by Cruster »

First of, hi to everyone and a big thanks to all for keeping WZ2100 alive! :) I played this when it first came out and really enjoyed it then. Playing it again is really bringing back many good memories! :D

Quick question - I've seen some eye watering new graphics called Grims mod? I've been searching through the forums for a link to download the mod but haven't found it.... can any one help?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Grims GFX mod

Post by KukY »

Cruster wrote:First of, hi to everyone and a big thanks to all for keeping WZ2100 alive! :) I played this when it first came out and really enjoyed it then. Playing it again is really bringing back many good memories! :D

Quick question - I've seen some eye watering new graphics called Grims mod? I've been searching through the forums for a link to download the mod but haven't found it.... can any one help?
I thnk I have that mod somewhere on my USB.
Let me check...
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

Cruster wrote:First of, hi to everyone and a big thanks to all for keeping WZ2100 alive! :) I played this when it first came out and really enjoyed it then. Playing it again is really bringing back many good memories! :D

If you are talking about Image
that is not grim's mod. That is version 3.0
Cruster
Greenhorn

Post by Cruster »

[/quote]
If you are talking about Image
that is not grim's mod. That is version 3.0[/quote]

Wow! that looks amazing! Is that available for download anywhere or is it work in progress? :)
What I was asking about was where I could download Grim.wz mentioned in this thread?: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3419&p=36526&hilit=grim.wz#p36526
Cruster
Greenhorn

Post by Cruster »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:

I thnk I have that mod somewhere on my USB.
Let me check...
Thanks! :)
Cruster
Greenhorn

Post by Cruster »

I guess that's a no to both then! ;)
Ceiling Cat
Trained
Trained

Post by Ceiling Cat »

Well, the 3.0 is available as a trunk snapshot. Beware, as it requires better hardware than 'normal' version.
Cruster
Greenhorn

Post by Cruster »

Ceiling Cat wrote:Well, the 3.0 is available as a trunk snapshot. Beware, as it requires better hardware than 'normal' version.
Thanks! I'm starting to understand what that is I think. Is that an area on this site where the games source code is? I'm guessing I'd then have to compile the files into an executable? Sorry for the many questions but are there instructions anywhere on how I might go about doing that? (Apologies as my programming experience never got much further than Basic!)
Ceiling Cat
Trained
Trained

Post by Ceiling Cat »

Well, snapshot means a build from a certain time. Beware that it is unsupported, but quite stable.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2969
Cruster
Greenhorn

Post by Cruster »

Ceiling Cat wrote:Well, snapshot means a build from a certain time. Beware that it is unsupported, but quite stable.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2969
Fantastic! Thanks very much indeed! :D
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Ceiling Cat wrote:Well, snapshot means a build from a certain time. Beware that it is unsupported, but quite stable.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2969
Well, it's not that stable right now, either. I think you can't build Cyborg Engineers on the snapshot build right now.
Cruster
Greenhorn

Post by Cruster »

Ok, downloaded and installed in what I *thought* was a separate folder but (duh) nope... so I managed to overwrite all my save games O_O

But... visually.... what a difference to original WZ2100!! So I think it was worth it! Huge congratulations to you guys! :D
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Trunk has a different dir for that, so you can't load savegames from 2.3 or earlier.
Cruster
Greenhorn

Post by Cruster »

Ah... just checked and yes you're right! What happened was that my shortcut to my existing D: drive WZ installation had got overwritten with the new E: drive one. So I now have all my save games and a great looking v3 WZ2100 to boot! :D happiness xD

Thanks!