Some conspiracy theories

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Re: Some conspiracy theories

Post by ClockWork »

@lav_coyote25

Yes! Yes! This is what has been plaguing my mind! Unfortunately, I cannot do anything worth of value on this computer, as 3D effects tend to…point in different directions. And just recently…the pink lines have started appearing. don’t ask. I believe it was when I tried to put a better video card in my machine. Let this be a lesson to you kids: have a professional do it if you are not sure of what you are doing.

ehh... yeah. i'm not sure how any of that is relevent to the thread, but...then again, looky at how badly my graphics are messed up. i need a new computer...
seriusly, its like you dont know if your going to run into a wall or not. sorry i cant help :(
Attachments
A little better…but that’s still bad.
A little better…but that’s still bad.
the inside! its virtually unplayable!
the inside! its virtually unplayable!
Ceiling Cat
Trained
Trained

Post by Ceiling Cat »

Overheating/damaged GPU. Get better cooling, try again.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Even if I did get better cooling, it’s still permanent. And besides, then I’d need a new processor anyway. I’d rather get a new computer, this thing is eight years old. And also…saying ‘try again’ seems to be unetiquette, and unfriendly. I realize that you may be trying to help, but that’s not the way to grab my attention appropriately.
Have a good day gentleman.
3drts
Trained
Trained

Re: Dragonfly The Cat

Post by 3drts »

Zarel wrote:
crux wrote:you can say that again.
it seems that they only want positive feedback and the moment someone says something they consider is wrong they get hostile towards that person and the 'yes men' jump on the bandwagon as well. :rolleyes:

we are only trying to help this game get better.
No, it's more that we only want feedback. "This game sucks" is not feedback. "This aspect of the game should be removed", or "There is a bug here" is feedback.

You'll notice that some other threads proposing improvements, or reporting bugs, receive quite a positive response. You'd do well to learn from them. It's your own, that state nothing of substance, that are reacted to negatively.
Anyone remember the 2.1 balance, that necessitated the "rebalance" mod? that sucked, and by sucked, I mean the balance was all off, mortars became uber weapons... etc

They responded.
They made polls asking opinions on stuff.
I remember talking to Zarel asking for the Assault cannon to be buffed, it was - although not as much as I would have liked (I would still rather it be given the damage of the Medium Cannon, with its old max ROF of ≈100, and get rid of the Twin Assault gun).
I also remember talking to him around the time the Angel missile became similar to the current "seraph" missile, when I was asking for essentially T-3 Mini-rocket artillery for attacking units behind defensive structures (particularly trucks setting up defenses in front of themselves).
Once again, I didn't get exactly what I wanted (I wanted a new weapon, so I could keep the long range Angel missile).

They are responsive, and do take suggestions into consideration if there is a good reason behind the suggestion (Unlike: I want a Pwnz0ring laser with 4096 range, 240 ROF, and 500 damage, and <500 weight, that can be mounted on a VTOL and the vtol version does 1,000 damage and holds 100 shots! , because it would be AWESOME with power OVER 9,000!!!!)

And I still thing the flamers are too powerful(well, haven't tried them lately, but back in the early rebalance/2.2 versions), but I am in complete agreement that the original 1.00 - 1.10 flamers were way underpowered useless junk turrets - only good for frying a horde of scavenger infantry since walking through the flamed area kills the scav.