Please test the 2.3 beta releases!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: possible bugs

Post by Zarel »

Per wrote:They are hard to see on some terrains, and sometimes also on any terrain with default zoom on some maps sizes. Input on solutions to this welcome.
What was wrong with the old method? Maybe just stop them from flashing?
ralfralfevil
Greenhorn

Re: Please test the 2.3 beta releases!

Post by ralfralfevil »

hi all im new.i found out in challange mode you cant save lot of times. :( and if you load a save game you will get north west base.
Jorks
New user

Post by Jorks »

I can't download it. Could someone give another link/mirror please?

Rgds.
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Giel's alt is on the DL page already.
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

Hi, I haven't been here for a long time. Now I tested the beta 3.

There are few thing that really bothered me during the game, but I don't know if these are bugs or intentional.

Its a problem with the commanders (again). When I set "retreat at medium" for the commanders and all the assigned units, most of the time it just doesn't work. Some of the units do retreat whenever the HP bar turns yellow, but some of them (even most of them) are ignoring it, or worse - they commit suicide kamikaze style, they runs to the enemy without even giving a chance to save them.

Another problem is that units are dis-assigned from the commander all the time. I know there is a limitation of units with directional fire, but I'm talking about artillery units like mortars. They are suddenly stand still and stops everything and lose their * mark.

This makes the game really hard and frustrating to play, personally I like the commanders, I don't want to go back to groups.

Thank you :)
Djoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Djoe »

Hi! I'm Djoe from New Mexico. I have been playing Warzone for about 2 years. I usually only lurk 'cause I'm a lurker. I was playing the campaigns on 2.3b3 and when I got to campaign 3 after evacuating beta base there was no power transfer. Machines are shooting at me so I'm going to crawl in a hole and pull it in after me. Bye for now.
ralfralfevil
Greenhorn

bug one of the missions

Post by ralfralfevil »

i played and i completed the mission where was nexus talking to new paradigm mission then i was doing next mission and dropped me out of the game
SCAVANGER
Trained
Trained

Post by SCAVANGER »

i haved some many problems with the beta nut i downloaded again and reinstalled it and now works on my pc finally!!!

but i dont like something new if you put the cursor above the screen the screen moves the same if you put down the cursor i dont like it there's is no a way to get off this screen movement??? :-S
lo siento yo no hablo ingles disculpen mis errores

wz2100 lo juego desde que tengo 9 años XD (en la playstation 1)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

SCAVANGER wrote:i haved some many problems with the beta nut i downloaded again and reinstalled it and now works on my pc finally!!!

but i dont like something new if you put the cursor above the screen the screen moves the same if you put down the cursor i dont like it there's is no a way to get off this screen movement??? :-S
Trap cursor option?
and it ends here.
Sandydorf
New user

Post by Sandydorf »

Hello! I am enjoying this game tremendously, good to have a nice strategy game on linux. That being said, I have been playing 2.3 Beta 3 vanilla using the Fedora 11 x86_64 rpm from the site (matches my system) and have noted many bugs.

JUST CHECKED, IT APPEARS I AM USING BETA 2. SORRY.

BUGS

1) as noted before in this thread, I cannot load the transport by clicking on it.

2) In the Alpha campaign, the mission to build a base on the plato(sp?) appears to end at a random time after start or never complete, regardless of how many enemy waves had come or how many buildings I build. I played the mission several times to properly bug test with the following results:
  • First try. Build Factory, Repair bay, Control center(? the pyramid), power station, research facility, many defences. Killed more than 5 waves of enemies. No enemies on map, mission timed out.
  • Second try, Build factory, started building repair bay, fought 2 waves of enemies, mission competed before repair bay finished building.
  • Third try. Built factory, built repair bay, built power plant, fought 2 waves of enemies, mission completed
  • Fourth try, Built repair bay, built factory, fought 4 waves of enemies waited.... eventually mission completed.
I forgot to do an attempt without building anything, sorry.

3) This is the biggest problem: Gradual, continuous slow down. There must be one hell of a memory leak somewhere as the aauuudiioooo jj-j-j-uss-t-s-t-t st-tstatrst to slow down, crackle and short loop while unit responses become laggy. After about 20-40 minutes (depending on map size/number of units?) I have to quit out to desktop or the game will crash. This is a real problem and destroys a lot of the enjoyability of the game. Problem was not present in 2.2.4 binaries as far as I recall. If you want I will download the source and compile on my system to see if it is a problem with the site's compile.

4) I can confirm the earlier mention of Gamma 1 starting with no funds HOWEVER, this only occurs if you save after the last mission of beta, then load. Continuing straight from beta final will deliver correct funds.

5) Pathing problems of essential units, especially the command entourage of the Beta level where you have to intercept the enemy commander for a tech. His group gets stuck on the first building, and thus never moves to the place where the player can easily kill him. This causes the mission to be MUCH harder than it was originally.

6) During early gamma missions/ late beta missions the game will crash if a commander and his group are shift selected (so each individual unit is selected) and ordered to board the transport. Note that the crash occurs when the commander boards. Breaking the commanders group and telling each unit to board individually bypasses the problem.

7) In the unit design screen, the commander turret adds no hitpoints. If the user modifies the chassis however, the correct amount of hitpoints for the turret is added.

8) Sensors experience levels don't appear to effect the units attached to them. Is this design?

9) I am aware that the exp queue is lost between save/load, this is helpful. However, occasionally, high exp recycled units (ie commanders) will not be added to the queue even in continuous play, so you just build 0 kill units... bad way to lose 4 heroic commanders. May effect low exp units but.. if it did I didn't notice. Unable to reliably reproduce this bug. It seems to just happen. Only connection is it usually happens when the game is really slowing down from the memory leak.

10) This problem appears to only effect the Gamma campaign: On the "destroy the nuke" and "southern gamma base" missions, when the map expands, the new area remains darkly shaded like the map edges. This is probably linked somehow the the fact that unlike the first 2 campaigns, there are active units and buildings there.

11) Also only noted in the gamma campaign, Enemy VTOLs will continually land instead of attacking, so my ground defenses (like tank killers) kill them. Not that I am complaining :-S

12) I don't know if this is intentional or not, but in the campaign, nexus towers cannot take landed aircraft, even if they shoot them heaps. Tested on the first mission where you face nexus towers.

13) After researching the first of 3 NEXUS resistance circuits techs, nexus stops taking buildings. Also, as with the plato base mission, this mission seems to end at a random interval without discernible pattern. What are the win conditions supposed to be?

And lastly two problems:

1) There is no way I have found to get a repair unit to repair a commander directly. IDEA: alt + click with a repair will force heal instead of force attack? I have little programming experience so I have no idea how much effort that would be.

2) Even if it is the only unit selected, a unit set to retreat at x damage will continually deselect when under rapid fire so you can't change the bloody mongrels orders as the charge blithely into the teeth of the enemy. Perhaps have them retreat but not deselect if only one unit is selected? Please?

Thanks.
- Sandy dorf.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Sandydorf wrote:1) as noted before in this thread, I cannot load the transport by clicking on it.
Fixed in Beta 3.
Sandydorf wrote:2) ...

3) ...

4) ...

5) ...
Oh, man, script code, sound code, saveload code, and pathing code... all areas that I don't deal with, and that I hear are rather bad. :/
Sandydorf wrote:6) During early gamma missions/ late beta missions the game will crash if a commander and his group are shift selected (so each individual unit is selected) and ordered to board the transport. Note that the crash occurs when the commander boards. Breaking the commanders group and telling each unit to board individually bypasses the problem.
Hmm, I'll see what I can do.
Sandydorf wrote:7) In the unit design screen, the commander turret adds no hitpoints. If the user modifies the chassis however, the correct amount of hitpoints for the turret is added.
Yeah, that bug's been around for a while. One day, I'll fix it.
Sandydorf wrote:1) There is no way I have found to get a repair unit to repair a commander directly. IDEA: alt + click with a repair will force heal instead of force attack? I have little programming experience so I have no idea how much effort that would be.
...theoretically, this is already mapped to Alt+click. Does Alt+click not work?
Sandydorf wrote:2) Even if it is the only unit selected, a unit set to retreat at x damage will continually deselect when under rapid fire so you can't change the bloody mongrels orders as the charge blithely into the teeth of the enemy. Perhaps have them retreat but not deselect if only one unit is selected? Please?
Yeah, I've been meaning to do that.
Sandydorf
New user

Post by Sandydorf »

Thanks for the quick reply. I am about to download Beta 3 source and see if it will compile. Is there any debug stuff I should turn on?

As for Alt + click, I didn't try :rolleyes: I'll check.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Yeah, man, Pumpkin implemented alt+click-to-repair at version 1.04 or so. You're behind the times, man. ;)
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

Well I tested it, and looks good.

BUT

Nexus is broken. when I steal a oil thing it does not adds to the power gen. if I try to steal a factory, it start stealing stuff but then I cannot steal anymore.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

winsrp wrote:Nexus is broken. when I steal a oil thing it does not adds to the power gen. if I try to steal a factory, it start stealing stuff but then I cannot steal anymore.
The oil thing is a bug, but the factory thing is intentional. You can't take over factories, so all you can do is sap one tech from it. After you sap a tech from it, you can't sap it anymore.