Years of experience in WZ2100... but...

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
PC89
Greenhorn

Years of experience in WZ2100... but...

Post by PC89 »

Years of experience in Warzone 2100 from playing it on the PS1 version right up to the actual release from this site itself, campaign missions were a doddle (apart from a couple of levels where my tanks were taken over by the enemy.... Grr..... :(

But for the first time this week, I thought i would try Single player skirmish, and thinking it should be a doddle at the easiest level POSSIBLE, I lose... TWICE!!!

Partly due to the fact that those cyborgs come attacking literally instantly before i get a chance to build my tanks decently! (I have always played tanks in campaigns and never ever used the cyborgs despite years of playing the game excellently!)

Is it POSSIBLE to defeat the skirmish game by the use of TANKS only????
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Re: Years of experience in WZ2100... but...

Post by themousemaster »

Oh yes. You just need to handle the possibility of cyborgs with your tanks.

I.E. build yourself some MG-vipers early, and upgrade them a few times. Add a couple MG bunkers to your base (which you should do anyway). If a Cyborg rush comes, you will mow them over, and you can then use your MG tanks to go secure derricks for the protracted fight.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

If you start with advanced bases, build a few mg hardpoints, and cyborgs are helpless. If not, make sure you get the mg tower quickly and build that to counter cyborg invasions. Although I cannot recall this being a huge problem with the skirmish AI.
A4tech
Trained
Trained

Post by A4tech »

Cmon man, I play hundreds of time WZ in normal mode and don't lose often. Try to play against AIvolution. That's really hardcore gaming experience. If you feel hard gaming, just make commands, and you will learn some tactic.
PC89
Greenhorn

Post by PC89 »

Its probably just that I'm used to the campaigns really!!! Of course, I'll try harder :-) will have to learn how to use the cyborgs really. Was the cyborgs engineers and transporter included in PSX version??? I dont recall that...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

No, those were added later.