HELP S.O.S

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
crockerjc82
Rookie
Rookie

HELP S.O.S

Post by crockerjc82 »

i need help, i am playing the campaign, and i do the first few missions and i get back to my main base and i have to go up against the paradigm and i get my butt handed to me on a plate. how do i get past em, i am runnin version 2.2.2 can u enable cheats to beat em or is there another way. please help S.O.S
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: HELP S.O.S

Post by lav_coyote25 »

actually try to do all with out cheats. it takes a bit of practice... perhaps do some skirmish against the ai's for awhile... but if you want the cheats - look up and click the user guide and or the development tab...
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

think about the units you are using.
explore and use the map.

use plenty of mortars & sensor towers, with enough mg's to cover them from direct attack.
have units retreat at medium damage, to be repaired at the lz by repair turrets, rather then killed.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

i usually build allot of tank traps and bunkers to give Paras something to waste time with while my mortars kill them one by one.Tank traps are really good for it,so are the walls.Specially if i block the road with them.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Post by new paradigm leader »

im a traditionalist blast with HMG lancers and cannon. use towers and hardpoints and bunkers :) sometimes i add bunkerbusters in cam II especially :) rarely use indirect unless necessary, otherwise is machinegun and cannon blasts
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
Yakamaru
Greenhorn

Post by Yakamaru »

For repairing units i just make a Command Unit, put in two or more repair units, and the rest tanks or Anti-Tank units. Works wonders..
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
crockerjc82
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crockerjc82 »

ok, i will give it a try, i can get down the road part between the small mountains but i can't get any farther before the timer runs out. i will just work at it and hopefully beat it.
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

crockerjc82 wrote:ok, i will give it a try, i can get down the road part between the small mountains but i can't get any farther before the timer runs out. i will just work at it and hopefully beat it.
If the timer is running out then you are using the wrong tactics.
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Are you talking about Alpha 5?
crockerjc82
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crockerjc82 »

yeah, i think so, i finally got it, had less then 5 minutes left when i beat it. took forever it seems. thanks for all the advice. if i run into any more problems i will be sure to look at the forums for help.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Take a look at my guide-rewrite in progress. If you survived Alpha5, you will get a bit of a chance to recover, but only if you know how to handle what's coming up ;p