War-Zone CHAMPIONSHIP

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: War-Zone CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Zarel »

Per wrote:Hopefully this championship can be resurrected. It is not a bad idea :twisted:

I and elio played. I won. So we've done our part :P

I am open to any other challengers.
I challenge you: 2.1.3 / 0.4.2, Startup2-T1, Simple Bases, Mayhem.

Alternatively, trunk, same rules.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I won!

Zarel vs Per: Startup2, T1 Advanced Bases, Medium Power, Skirmish (He didn't like Mayhem). 2.2 r7028.

I was on bottom, Per was on top.

I sent the trucks out to rush for oil immediately, and started my research strategy of mini-rockets and SLDA. I got the bottom 9 oil resources pretty quickly. By the time I got to MRL, I realized I needed some armor upgrades, so I started on that, too. I built a single mini-pod tower in case of early rushes (it never fired).

After a few minutes of nothing of Per getting within range of me, I decided to bring a truck to investigate the oil resources nearer him. I found a flamer cyborg, and the upper mountain's oil unguarded. I managed to wall off that area so the flamer couldn't get to me, and had myself a full 10 oil derricks, which I kept throughout most of the game. Per surrounded that area with mortars and walled himself off, and my truck got killed off pretty quickly, although it was a while before his mortars destroyed my derrick.

I got around 6 MRL Cobra HTs, then rushed them. Per had about 7 light cannon tanks, 1 flamer cyborg, and 2 heavy gunner cyborgs (I found this rather surprising how he had enough power, since I spent all my power on those 6 MRLs, and hadn't built anything other than research facilities, generators, oil derricks, and that single mini-pod tower. He, on the other hand, had built quite a few mortar pits in addition to all his units). None of which could attack me, as my MRLs were safe behind his walls. I picked off his mortar pits at my leisure, then started on whichever of his units got too close to his walls.

Unsurprisingly, Per got wise to that pretty quickly, and demolished a section of his walls. I did a fair bit of damage, but so did he, and I retreated since I didn't want to lose any units. I also noticed how ineffective my MRLs were against his cannons, so I started to branch into lancer research. My later armies were mixed Lancer Scorpion Tracks and MRL Scorpion Tracks. We did a lot of hit-and-run against each other, which was kind of silly on his part (cannons are not made for that), and even though I believe he had a numbers advantage at first, my hit-and-run tactics managed to wear him down. He had a repair facility, although my hit-and-run managed to draw him out far enough that I could kill his tanks before they got back to it.

Once I had worn down his tanks, I brought two repair turrets out and had them repair my tanks. I had about 10 MRLs and lancers at this point, which I sent to attack and destroy his base. I ended up winning with 0 unit losses, and my only structure losses were two oil derricks, two wall sections, and a decoy LC bunker I used to draw fire away from the derrick I had way up front (to be fair, I didn't build very many other structures).

Moral of the story? Don't try hit-and-run tactics with cannons. :P
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

Noone is playing.I can just fight with you.