Future Weapon Ideas???

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
J_J
Rookie
Rookie

Future Weapon Ideas???

Post by J_J »

I was just kind of curious on any ideas for weapons that we can have in the future of Warzone...
Skrim
Trained
Trained

Re: Future Weapon Ideas???

Post by Skrim »

Here are some:

T4 weapons:

Gauss Howitzer - A heavy 155mm indirect-fire mass driver weapon with very long range. (Range: 23000)

Gauss Hellstorm - 3-barreled rotary 120mm indirect-fire mass driver. Uses nanocomposite materials to reduce weight.

Scourge Driver - Scourge Missiles launched from a pair of Railguns. Increased range and significantly more destructive power.

Earthshaker - Combination of Archangel artillery missiles with Gauss Howitzer technology. Amazingly long range, and pin-point accuracy with homing projectiles. (Range: 35000)

Electrolaser - Energy weapon that combines an up-rated pulse laser with an electric discharge to generate an EMP-like effect.

Lightning Stormbringer - Counter-artillery and air defense weapon, can shoot down incoming artillery shells detected by CB radars, as well as defend against aircraft.

Shard Missile - Advanced SAM with a very large fragmentation-blast radius. Can deal severe damage to an entire squadron of incoming aircraft.

Shard Storm - Adapted Gauss Hellstorm capable of rapid-firing Shard Missiles to defeat aerial swarm attacks.

T5 weapons:

Guardian Light - Counter-artillery and counter-aircraft laser. Can also destroy any homing projectile.

Divine Light - Guardian Light with increased damage, can also be used against ground targets.

Divine Shard - Extended-range Shard Storm with an even bigger blast radius, thanks to smart cluster sub-munitions. Can attack any target.

Tactical Nuclear Bomb - Self-explanatory. VTOL-dropped.

Tactical Nuclear Artillery - Earthshaker firing tactical nukes. 'Nuff said.

Annihilator - Scourge Driver with antimatter warheads. Obscene, catastrophic damage with EMP for a bit more flavor.

Infinity Shard - Divine Shard, outfitted with antimatter warheads in it's sub-munitions. Ouch.
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

^ :( :-S :) xD
no more Star Craft for you. :P :rolleyes:

----------------------------

it depends on if you want to use real physics of fudge physics.
or how over engineered you are willing to go.
testing both credulity & reality the further you go.

to put that in context, a cheese burger hitting a target at light speed would do nuclear levels of damage
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

psychopompos wrote: to put that in context, a cheese burger hitting a target at light speed would do nuclear levels of damage
A cheeseburger hitting something at light speed would put a nuclear warhead to shame. That said, a "Cheeseburger Driver" isn't what I had in mind. Unless you want McDonald's take-out.

Right now, the weapons at the endgame of WZ overshadow the bodies, so dreaming about *more* powerful weapons may be a bit overkill.

As for current-damage-range weapons that can be added without making armor even more worthless:

Swarm: Artillery firing an exploding shell, raining anti-personnel projectiles over a large radius. Bombard range/rate-of-fire.

Repuslor: causes a large magnetic field that knocks target unit back; targets hit by "repulsed" unit take damage. The Heavier the body, the harder the repulsed unit hits for. Long re-fire time.

Multi-Vulcan Cannon (AKA More Dakka!): 5 Assault (or equivalent) guns mounted in a 120 degree arc forward. Obviously a mass-antipersonnel weapon.

Sidewinder: Air-to-air missile. Vindicator-like homing ability and damage, 10 missile loadout per rearm. Cannot fire at ground targets, cannot mount on Heavy-chassis VTOL.

Multi-HEAP: Increase HEAP bomb loadout to 6. All other statistics the same. Can only mount on Heavy-chassis VTOL.

Hardcrete Tank: Mobile wall. Designed to absorb incoming fire, like any Hardcrete wall does. Appropriate HP for the job. Heavy Chassis only.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

MIRV missiles. Digger bombs. Play Scorched Earth and you'll see tons of fun inspiration for new weapons.
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

Well,what about some strategic weapons not for war?It will need special building for researching,and you must make 1 eveloping centre upgraded in strange way...it will not do usual upgrades?only this special upgrades.And upgrades will be...what about spy-gun that can look at enemies upgrades?It will show you them and on T2 or T3 you will take this upgrade!Its a way to upgrade other thing,that enemie dont use and to take upgrades of his base.
And what about weapon,that can dicrease speed of enemies's factories or researching centers?It will make players to make some more upgrades to defend their researching succes,so more requerments for players and more difficulty!
And,well...what about some fast rockets with normal damage.You will throw them in the middle of the map and special units,flying in the air will then show targets to rockets.And improved rockets will make big damage,cause you will upgrade autoloader.
I have many ideas.These ideas i wrote in 5 minutes...if they are interesting,say it,i'll write more.I'm imaginative :3
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

i'd like some sort of anti-rockets / anti-artillery..

T1 Weapon: Demagoge - an monk goes to the enemy and praise NEXUS.. (replaced by nexus tower later in the game) ;)
HolyDragoon
Trained
Trained

Post by HolyDragoon »

Skrim wrote:Here are some:

Tactical Nuclear Bomb - Self-explanatory. VTOL-dropped.

Tactical Nuclear Artillery - Earthshaker firing tactical nukes. 'Nuff said.
Nukes... project... I don't smell that very much. The closest thing to nukes in the Project's arsenal is the Scourge warhead after one of the upgrades, where the missile is fitted with a Low-yield nuke...

And it makes some sense for The Project to avoid nukes like hell. Nukes were the stuff that razed down Earth, would they repeat the same mistake?
"Relativity applies to Physics, not Ethics." - Albert Einstein
Skrim
Trained
Trained

Post by Skrim »

Where did it say that the Scourge has a nuke warhead? I always thought the Scourge used a heavy tandem-charge HEAT warhead, something like the Hellfire or Brimstone in reality. The VTOL version being much stronger than the ground version because it attacks the top armor.

Anyway, whoever said it has to be the Project who uses the nukes. It could be NEXUS Mk.2, Dr. Reed's personal army(remember, he was never killed, and is still out there somewhere), a new faction, etc. if you really want to put it in a campaign perspective.
i'd like some sort of anti-rockets / anti-artillery..
Yeah, something like the modern day THEL/M-THEL. It would work with CB sensors.
It would also allow for indirect-homing weapons to be implemented without heavily altering game balance.
T1 Weapon: Demagoge - an monk goes to the enemy and praise NEXUS.. (replaced by nexus tower later in the game)
xD
no more Star Craft for you.
I've never even played StarCraft. I stole those names from the Battleships Forever forums. :P
---
Sidewinder: Air-to-air missile. Vindicator-like homing ability and damage, 10 missile loadout per rearm. Cannot fire at ground targets,
This isn't too hard to implement now. It can use the Avenger's PIE model.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Look up the description of the final series of scourge upgrades. It mentions a low-yield nuclear warhead. Though I'm sure that was just flavor text added by Pumpkin, they didn't really mean that the Project is now Nuke-happy.
TVR
Trained
Trained

Post by TVR »

The Scourge missile, Angel and Archangel rockets are all fitted with a nuclear warhead, and designed by NEXUS.

Almost all Project weaponry is reverse-engineered from NEXUS designs, with the exception of the MGs, Flamers, Hurricane AA turret, the 155mm Howitzer, and the rotary Howitzer.
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

i made a find *nods*
food for thought on weapons;
The Physics of Starship Battles: Lasers and Kinetic Energy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AV5aY7H ... re=related
The Physics of Starship Battles: Energy, Waves, and Sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Spz-wOi ... re=channel

on that note, do the projectiles in WZ have mass?
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

Could just be me, but I'd like there to be a fairly long range but low ROF and low damage artillery for the first tech level, which could be used along with the first sensor tower to defend the area around your early base. Wasn't the artillery invented long before the machine gun? I guess it could be achieved by extending the maximum distance for the mortar, but I guess my personal preference would be a weaker howitzer.

As for more futuristic weapons, some kind of electrolaser or 'tesla gun' could make things more interesting. Red Alert and Total Annihilation proved that nothing is as cool as having tanks that shoot lightning on their enemies. Would be incredibly cool if they had a weak EMP damage as well as heat damage (or what kind of damage you'd say lightning causes), so that it could be somewhat effective against vehicles (by frying their electronics), but incredibly effective against cyborgs/humans. I suppose it would have very limited damage against VTOL's and hover's since they are not grounded.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

TVR wrote:The Scourge missile, Angel and Archangel rockets are all fitted with a nuclear warhead, and designed by NEXUS.

Almost all Project weaponry is reverse-engineered from NEXUS designs, with the exception of the MGs, Flamers, Hurricane AA turret, the 155mm Howitzer, and the rotary Howitzer.
I agree there should be some kind of nuclear warheads, but having it for something like the Scourge would be enough.
Equipping missile spamming MRL's like the Archangel with nuclear warheads sound like overkill to me, like the SCUD storm in C&C: Generals.
Maybe there could be something like a SCUD launcher, with a ROF similar to the early howitzers or mortars. Slow rate of fire, only one missile at a time, but extremely destructive, having a wide area splash damage (perhaps with the possibility of having anti-air or specific anti-missile weapons shooting the missile down before it reaches it's target, like in Total Annihilation).
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

the "scud-missilie" (or whatever it's name would be if accepted) could be handled by the engine "like" a vtol:
- it is created by the "launcher"
- fired (vtol starts to it's target)
- it cannot be selected by player to change course or anything else (because it is not really a vtol)
- but it can be shot down by anti-air :D - well, SAM-Sites won't be that effective, because they are to slow for this to catch