Any possible have warzone 2200?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
bbgun
New user

Any possible have warzone 2200?

Post by bbgun »

This a good game I have seen.Now any possible have another vison?
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 02 Jan 2009, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic locked bt request. lav_coyote25
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: Any possible have warzone 2200?

Post by Rman Virgil »

bbgun wrote:This a good game I have seen. Now any possible have another vision?
* viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2302 - THIS thread link covers much ground about what was
known as the "Warzone 2200 Project" and its transformation into the present..

* Before I add a couple details to the above thread...

* IMHO, this project, the WRP, from all I see, is in the midst of a Renaissance in both coding
and artistry. In other words, you are already bearing witness to a quantum evolution of the game well nto
the foreseeable future. The WRP is the standard bearer for WZ 2100 and it's active coders, artists, moders,
musicians and mappers first class.

----------------->

* Looks like we'll be re-opening the web site somewhere around Feb. '09 to let you in on what we are doing.

* It will NOT be called "Warzone 2200".... but rather something "2200" (we do have a name, i'm just not sayin.)

* Reasons for this last - we are NOT using the WZ source. We are NOT gonna capitalize on the WZ name or brand,or
what the WRP is doing or even specifically what Pumpkin laid claim to in the genre back in '99..Though "Inspired" by WZ 2100,
our project is in NO way a clone. Our storyline is quite altered and expanded big time..Our set of game play mechanics have
gone in directions not really feasible with the WZ source - .such that, for example, we've had to roll our Pathfinding in a
NONE grid-based fashion (no Djikstra, D*, A* or HPA*). Our GFX are state of the art - our game world on a par with what can
be done in Grome (Quad Software)..

* 'Nough said till you can actually SEE stuff in Feb. '09 on our site. Till then...

Regards, Rman. :cool:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
dis100
Greenhorn

Post by dis100 »

when wqill be publick realize of 2200?
TVR
Trained
Trained

Post by TVR »

Has anyone ever realized the entire single player campaign [with the complete rout of New Paradigm, Collective, and NEXUS] is three in-game months in duration, but each of 2200 project campaigns are 20 years long?
barnEbiss
Greenhorn

Post by barnEbiss »

will the new engine support higherpoly models? and how easy will it be to get content into the new engine?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

TVR wrote:Has anyone ever realized the entire single player campaign [with the complete rout of New Paradigm, Collective, and NEXUS] is three in-game months in duration, but each of 2200 project campaigns are 20 years long?
* 'Cause we are not using the Pumpkin source, if we used anything from the back story (even names) we'd be under copyright infringement... so ... we have had to re-write, re-invent, EVERYTHING.... which has had its pluses. We could address ambiguities and "Lite" storytelling without any concern for violating the Pumpkin "gospel". Both the Pre-Nuke Holocaust and the Post-Nuke Holocaust story have been greatly expanded in details and that expansion has had direct consequences in both the "look" of the game world, new units, special abilities and game play mechanics. There are 3 playable factions and 3 off world (not on Earth) stages.

barnEbiss wrote:will the new engine support higherpoly models? and how easy will it be to get content into the new engine?
* Very high poly models and easy to get in game. To put it into perspective - the art for the post holocaust cities will be on the par with "Fallout 3" and maps as large as 50 kms (course, for all practical purposes, you need a duo-quad core and a SLI set of high end GFX cards to do the first render plus making such a map is quite a bit of work but it's great for true naval battles)... One of our principle goals is "Super Mod Friendly" and our Editing tools reflect that. Not just for mods, maps and models but also for A.I. and new Campaign missions. Along with a great emphasis on multi-player it is our design intent to make this a "living product" where the fan base that have skills, talent and desire .. can chart the future evolution for themselves beyond anything we do.
dis100 wrote:when wqill be publick realize of 2200?
* Web site will re-open in a couple months, and among other things, releases will be announced then - first up being a generous campaign demo.

* I must point out that the WRP's WZ 2100 and our 2200 will be very different games and the development path the WRP is taking in WZ's evolution is excellent indeed and I am very excited to play it as it comes on line. I shall always be a fan of WZ and the work its development team is doing to make the game endure and be vital well into the future and on multiple-platforms. For me there is no conflict of interest.

* To put it simply - we wanted to make so many sweeping changes to WZ that it really came down to - "Guys, just make a new game from scratch. It makes no sense to try to alter an existing game to that extent. Even if it was feasible it would probably incite more objections than anything else." Over the years WZ has inspired folk to making career choices and creating businesses in RL. Just think of 2200 as just another example of being inspired by WZ 2100 to take the plunge and, in this case, make a new game that is sorta, kinda, "warzonesque". That's it.

- Rman :cool:

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
barnEbiss
Greenhorn

Post by barnEbiss »

Rman Virgil did you get the PM I sent you about the project? please take a look at my PM and let me know.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

barnEbiss wrote:Rman Virgil did you get the PM I sent you about the project? please take a look at my PM and let me know.
Yep. Have responded.

Same with you manaze.

Regards, Rman :cool:

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
manaze
Trained
Trained

Post by manaze »

roger that rman. Also - whats a good estimated number of people u have working on the project? Will the game be free?
How many players will it allow at one time? In-game server browser? Any completed intro movies? Any pictures u can post?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

manaze wrote:roger that rman. Also - whats a good estimated number of people u have working on the project? Will the game be free?
How many players will it allow at one time? In-game server browser? Any completed intro movies? Any pictures u can post?
* You know manaze my natural inclination is to tell a lot publically and being reticent is a challenge but I have agreed to save all these particulars (and much more) for the re-opening of the 2200 site in a couple months. Plus, when I come here and post (which I do under my other handle - it's really no secret, I've done this all the way back to the original Pumpkin bbs as all the old timers know) I want to stay focused on WZ 2100 or RTS design as it dovetails with WZ - getting into 2200 stuff at any length beyond what I have already done just does not strike me as appropriate or respectful of the WRP efforts and the Mod community here.. So, I'm sure we'll answer most questions raised already (and those yet to be raised) at our site soon enough.

* I genuinely believe that the WRP and Modders are doing 1st class work with WZ and deserve all the attention and support here in this community and not what we are doing with 2200. I do appreciate the interest, I am not gonna pretend otherwise, but by the same token there will be a time and place for that and here and now is not it.

* I'm gonna request that Admin lock this thread. No offense to any of the posters. And please do not make any new threads on 2200. Thank you.

- Regards, Rman :cool:

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo