The Warzone 2100 Guide

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

The Warzone 2100 Guide

Post by Zarel »

Since my Warzone 2100 Guide has entered somewhat of a state of completion, I might as well officially announce it.

Zarel's Warzone 2100 Guide - guide.wz2100.net

There is also a fork available for my rebalance:

Zarel's Rebalance Reference - guide.wz2100.net/new

Notice that my rebalance can be downloaded as a mod (here: guide.wz2100.net/new). For those of you who wish to test my mod, feel free to download it. If you do, please give feedback.
Last edited by Zarel on 22 Apr 2009, 06:03, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Update for new version
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: My Warzone 2100 Guide

Post by Buginator »

Very nice work.

I think this should get a sticky :)
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

very good =) aspecially for HOT search in tech tree during game
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

Good work!
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

outstanding work. as i said else where - great fun going thru it & learning at the same time. beyond
that, i will also make good use of in my own work and for that too i owe you a depth of gratitude which
i will also formally acknowledge in due course.
Skrim
Trained
Trained

Post by Skrim »

Nice. But one problem. You don't have a column saying which type of damage type the turret is using.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Skrim wrote:Nice. But one problem. You don't have a column saying which type of damage type the turret is using.
The "damage" column is color-coded for class, and if you move your mouse over it, it'll tell you projectile targeting, type, class, and subclass. (Moving your mouse over anything with a dotted underline will give details.)
Skrim
Trained
Trained

Post by Skrim »

Whatever happened to the Depleted Uranium MG Bullets upgrades and all the other MG upgrades? They don't seem to be on your tech tree. Have they been removed or something?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Skrim wrote:Whatever happened to the Depleted Uranium MG Bullets upgrades and all the other MG upgrades? They don't seem to be on your tech tree. Have they been removed or something?
They've been removed from 2.x (in fact, they weren't even there in r318, when the data structures were first created); my tech tree is for 2.1. Astute readers may notice they've been added back to my rebalance: http://guide.wz2100.net/new/r/depleteduraniummgbullets
HolyDragoon
Trained
Trained

Post by HolyDragoon »

Zarel wrote:They've been removed from 2.x (in fact, they weren't even there in r318, when the data structures were first created); my tech tree is for 2.1. Astute readers may notice they've been added back to my rebalance: http://guide.wz2100.net/new/r/depleteduraniummgbullets
But the absence of MG upgrades will render it useless after some "a very small" time, or the ROF upgrades balance the lower damage?
"Relativity applies to Physics, not Ethics." - Albert Einstein
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

HolyDragoon wrote:But the absence of MG upgrades will render it useless after some "a very small" time, or the ROF upgrades balance the lower damage?
They have been absent from Warzone's skirmish and multiplayer modes since patch 1.10, Zarel's Excellent guides list the tech tree for skirmish and his rebalance.

Anyway here's a quick summary of research topics available in the campaign but absent or broken in skirmish or multiplayer since patch 1.10:

APDSB MG Bullets Mk3 (Absent)
Tungsten-Tipped MG Bullets (Absent)
Tungsten-Tipped MG Bullets Mk2 (Absent)
Tungsten-Tipped MG Bullets Mk3 (Absent)
Depleted Uranium MG Bullets (Absent)
Depleted Uranium MG Bullets Mk2(Absent)
Rocket Autoloader Mk3 (Broken - Auto Researched at start of Campaign 3 and T3 skirmish/MP games no result given)
VTOL Assault Cannon (Absent - Weapon given at start of Campaign 3).
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Deathguise wrote:APDSB MG Bullets Mk3 (Absent)
Tungsten-Tipped MG Bullets (Absent)
Tungsten-Tipped MG Bullets Mk2 (Absent)
Tungsten-Tipped MG Bullets Mk3 (Absent)
Depleted Uranium MG Bullets (Absent)
Depleted Uranium MG Bullets Mk2(Absent)
These are the ones I've added back.
Deathguise wrote:Rocket Autoloader Mk3 (Broken - Auto Researched at start of Campaign 3 and T3 skirmish/MP games no result given)
VTOL Assault Cannon (Absent - Weapon given at start of Campaign 3).
You're right. I hadn't even noticed these two. I'll go add it back into my rebalance.
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Zarel wrote:You're right. I hadn't even noticed these two. I'll go add it back into my rebalance.
If I remember correctly the reason they never fully added the Rocket Autoloader Mk3 tech was because the rocket ROF upgrades were only applying to the fire pause between the individual shots of the Lancer,Ripple rockets and Tank killer instead of the full reload time between salvo's - WRP devs might of fixed this I am not sure.

I noticed in your rebalance that you changed the Stormbringer sub-class from AA-gun to Laser, you could expand on this fix by modifying the Stormbringer research topic to no longer make the Whirlwind AA Turret obsolete, giving the player a greater choice of mobile Anti-air defense during T3 games.

Another thing you might want to change is the sub-class of the VTOL Bunker Buster at the moment it receives upgrades form the mini rocket line opposed to the Bunker Buster receiving upgrades from the rocket line.

Anyway ill definetly test your rebalance mod out.
J_J
Rookie
Rookie

Post by J_J »

I Love this Guide it is very accurate and it was a lot of help!!! :D :D :P
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Deathguise wrote:If I remember correctly the reason they never fully added the Rocket Autoloader Mk3 tech was because the rocket ROF upgrades were only applying to the fire pause between the individual shots of the Lancer,Ripple rockets and Tank killer instead of the full reload time between salvo's - WRP devs might of fixed this I am not sure.
Well, actually, for salvo weapons, they only apply to reloadTime, not for firePause, since the firePause of salvo weapons is, as the code says, negligible. So you have it backwards - the ROF upgrades are being applied [mostly] normally.

I think they didn't fully add Rocket Autoloader Mk3 is because it would've made lancers overpowered. 'Course, all the nerfing Troman did to lancers renders that point moot, so I can safely add it back.
Deathguise wrote:I noticed in your rebalance that you changed the Stormbringer sub-class from AA-gun to Laser, you could expand on this fix by modifying the Stormbringer research topic to no longer make the Whirlwind AA Turret obsolete, giving the player a greater choice of mobile Anti-air defense during T3 games.

Another thing you might want to change is the sub-class of the VTOL Bunker Buster at the moment it receives upgrades form the mini rocket line opposed to the Bunker Buster receiving upgrades from the rocket line.
Yep, I've added all those to my rebalance 0.2 (which has, incidentally, just been released).