WzLinkTurret.dk is in a sorry state

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

WzLinkTurret.dk is in a sorry state

Post by karmazilla »

The link turret is in a sorry state ATM: http://wzlinkturret.dk/
Last update was June 22 - it dosn't even link to these beards and it's my fault  :-[

My excuse is that the site (page, really) is hard to update; whenever I need to change or add a new link, I have to open up an XML file in an editor, find the spot that needs to be edited and do the fix, then update the "Last update" section, then export it to HTML via an XSLT file I have, and then upload the resulting HTML file, via FTP, to my web host. >_<

I've been wanting to make it a DB backed PHP application that I can edit online. Although it's probably easy to do, I've been having other priorities. So if there's a PHP wiz amongst us who got nothing better to do, then I'de really apreciate the help :)

(If anyones interested, my host is running PHP5 in safe-mode and MySQL.)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: WzLinkTurret.dk is in a sorry state

Post by lav_coyote25 »

actually - xoops is ideal for that. not very much to set up and if needed can be expanded ( modules added. )  ie: the wztoys site.  you wouldnt need all those modules so the site itself and the set up would be exteamly quick and fairly simple to do.

or you can go the homerolled route.

;D

for the site and 1 module the dowload before install is = 1.42 MB (1,499,136 bytes)
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 24 Dec 2006, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Just to manage a few links 1.5MB is quite large... I wouldn't use a portal-management package like Xoops for a linkturret.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

I think few php pages should do the trick,maybe a 'read-only' guestbook with minimal administrative features such as edit/delete should work too.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.