The AI have used cheats I never knew existed...

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Syntax
Greenhorn

The AI have used cheats I never knew existed...

Post by Syntax »

I was just in a LAN game with my little brother and 5 minutes after starting, I see a CPU's Viper-Wheel-SCOURGE MISSILE tank go by! And later, I watch as several of my tanks just die. No one is shooting at them, they just die. It doesn't even say I lost a unit, its like it hit the "Undo" button on them! :stressed:
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: The AI have used cheats I never knew existed...

Post by Buginator »

Syntax wrote:I was just in a LAN game with my little brother and 5 minutes after starting, I see a CPU's Viper-Wheel-SCOURGE MISSILE tank go by! And later, I watch as several of my tanks just die. No one is shooting at them, they just die. It doesn't even say I lost a unit, its like it hit the "Undo" button on them! :stressed:
Heh.. well, what tech level? I assume 3?

As for your units being killed off... someone WAS shooting them. You just couldn't see it. :)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

It is a known bug. Some of your idle units went off attacking the enemy on someone else's computer, and when they died there, they mysteriously exploded on your computer where they remained idled the whole time. Hopefully we can manage to fix that soon.
Ianator
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ianator »

Are you sure it was a Scourge and not just a Lancer? Or was it a WTF-big turret?
Syntax
Greenhorn

Post by Syntax »

Ianator wrote:Are you sure it was a Scourge and not just a Lancer? Or was it a WTF-big turret?
i'm sure of it, 2 barrels, massive center, red caps on each barrel.
Per wrote:It is a known bug. Some of your idle units went off attacking the enemy on someone else's computer, and when they died there, they mysteriously exploded on your computer where they remained idled the whole time. Hopefully we can manage to fix that soon.
That would explain why completely enclosing your base keeps that from happening to ground units, but not air.

Buginator wrote:
Syntax wrote:I was just in a LAN game with my little brother and 5 minutes after starting, I see a CPU's Viper-Wheel-SCOURGE MISSILE tank go by! And later, I watch as several of my tanks just die. No one is shooting at them, they just die. It doesn't even say I lost a unit, its like it hit the "Undo" button on them! :stressed:
Heh.. well, what tech level? I assume 3?

As for your units being killed off... someone WAS shooting them. You just couldn't see it. :)

No, we started from SCRATCH. no starting tech at all.
Ursa
Trained
Trained

Post by Ursa »

Were the power settings set to max?

And did you allow alliances?
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

where you using cheats?
if so, i think one of you may have hit the key for 'give all' or whatever its called.

i did it by accident in scirmish when i was turning on 'sensors'.