Warzone Link Turret (Website)

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
coppercore
Trained
Trained

Warzone Link Turret (Website)

Post by coppercore »

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=45

Does anyone know what happened to old Karmazilla? I haven't seen him in a long time and according to the link above ^ he has been MIA for over a year now, and his site hasn't been updated for even longer:

http://wzlinkturret.1go.dk/

I've been considering creating a site like Karmazilla's, a warzone gateway if you will. Similar to what he has done there, but a little more elaborate perhaps. :)

What does everyone think about this? I'm doing this on my own accord, and I could also archive old sites before they fall off the face of the Internet forever.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Warzone Link Turret (Website)

Post by Buginator »

When the original was made, wasn't there tons of sites?

Now, I think there are only a handful left.

It is a nice idea though.

As for Karmazilla, I think I saw him awhile back on the IRC.

It would be *very* cool, if you could archive all the old sites, then have a search facility available to search said sites.

Sorta like a warzone wayback machine. :)
coppercore
Trained
Trained

Post by coppercore »

Wayback machine... EXCELLENT idea.

I'll make some forums too and some other things. SMF will make a nice backend, and I have found an addon that will make a cool front page for the site itself. I'm going to call it warzoneindex.org warzoneindex.net and warzoneindex.com will all point to the .org domain.

The front news page will list link to all of the old archived sites and such. :)

If anyone wants to drop some links to old sites in here it would be a big help. :)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

geez - a gateway to all that is warzone...hmmm whodathunkit... i guess good ideas are hard to kill off... xD