How do you load the game

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
alant2b
Rookie
Rookie

How do you load the game

Post by alant2b »

re: pc install
I could not find any f.a.q. for procedure to load the game, do I load my warzone 2100 cd and then download latest patch or do I have to load 2.03 through current and keep upgrading? Would be helpful to new players what to do - sorry if I missed it.
thanks
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: How do you load the game

Post by lav_coyote25 »

alant2b wrote: re: pc install
I could not find any f.a.q. for procedure to load the game, do I load my warzone 2100 cd and then download latest patch or do I have to load 2.03 through current and keep upgrading? Would be helpful to new players what to do - sorry if I missed it.
thanks
?topic=1244.0

the link will take you to the thread... this is a standalone game.  do not install any of the GPL releases into any of the original warzone folders.

reading all the threads here would probably be your best bet... i realize there is a great amount of posts... but to truly see the path you need to do so from the beginning. ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
alant2b
Rookie
Rookie

Post by alant2b »

Appreciate the reply.  I would just like to play, if it is too complicated to tell me how to load the game- then I won't play.

simply just want to know what files I need to download and which files to update, and in which order to apply

Thanks
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

You dont need the old Warzone 2100 cd. Just download the latest version (which is 2.0.10 right now) from the Download menu and install it. You are going to need original CDs only if you want to include FMVs in the game, which arent part of the GPL.
Quite easy.
alant2b
Rookie
Rookie

Post by alant2b »

Thanks I will download tonight- appreciate the help and I will read the old Forums to bring myself up to speed.......