Questions about new wz 2.0.3 .

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Whan I launch at first time. I had a prouble that game dont wont to creat folder warzone-2.0 and showed error.But I fix it.

Question is another:
in this version Master server supported. What is this ? This like a dedicated sever , where anyone who play game can creat room and others can see it ?

server is : warzone2100.kicks-ass.org.

but its writes that " couldnt connect to master server ...". Why its not work?

And last if its work. Can I play if I'm in locanetwor and my internet is via Proxy server ??

thanks.

P.S. : sorry for my english.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Terminator wrote:Whan I launch at first time. I had a prouble that game dont wont to creat folder warzone-2.0 and showed error.
But I fix it.

Question is another:
in this version Master server supported. What is this ? This like a dedicated sever , where anyone who play game can creat room and others can see it ?

server is : warzone2100.kicks-ass.org.

The support for a master server system is included. But the masterserver itself isnt really finished.
Source cleanup, bugfxing and Version 2.0.4 has, at the momment, a higher priority.
Terminator wrote:And last if its work. Can I play if I'm in locanetwor and my internet is via Proxy server ??
Multiplayer in a local network oder via VPN _should_ work. (But, i dont know it really :()
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

Well Playing Via Internet works to. You just need to enter the IP.

--Ano
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Terminator wrote:Whan I launch at first time. I had a prouble that game dont wont to creat folder warzone-2.0 and showed error.But I fix it.
Bug is known and fixed in 2.0.4 which will be available tomorrow.
Terminator wrote:Question is another:
When you enter no IP in the connect dialogue and press ok, then you will get to the master server window which shows you all open games. You can then click on the game to join it.

The only problem with that is what you mentioned here:
Terminator wrote:server is : warzone2100.kicks-ass.org.
The current master server is down and we have no longer contact with the owner. We are working hard on creating a new server. (The server-program is also missing and has to be rewritten.)
Terminator wrote:And last if its work. Can I play if I'm in locanetwor and my internet is via Proxy server ??
I know that you can play behind a router. It just needs to forward UDP port 9999 to your local computer.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

thanks to all for answer.

1) Testing this version in Multiplayer with "Allies" ON I didnt find button that open window where creating Allieses. Is this bug or this button re-binded ?
2)In OpenGL game became more beautyfull, but I saw that in little windows (whan you are ordering what to build) in track menu Buildings textures are very smooth,I think. Can it be fix in 2.0.4?
3)In this ver. (2.0.3) I didnt find where to put wz soundtracks. I always play with this music(as for me wz Soundtrack - The Best track of all I heard befor). I even created folder "music" like in 0.2.2, but its not helped.
4)I tested it on Radeons(9600pro,9800) video card & game gone slower than on my Gforce 5200.Why ?

thanks.

Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

I can provide you a masterserver (as long as you don't exceed my trafficLimit of 2 TB per Month). I can also try to program the software but i never programed on linux and i have not much experience in programming with sockets. Is there somewhere a protocol spec? I want to programm this, would be a great exercise for me :)

--Ano
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

A master-server can provided by me too.
But the Game-Bugfixing and source cleaning has, at the momment, a higher priority. :)
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Yes Its would be Great(Dedicated Server). Kamaze if you can to make simple server at least for testing i-net. play. Its will be better for all : 1) more players will play and more bugs will be find; 2)its will increase popularity of WZ2100. I think.

I think its very Good Idia. If you agree change priority to server. pls :)

Thanks.

Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

I'm not a developer (Only basic C/C++ skills...). So, i can't do anything on the warzone source... :(
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

But you know them . Or not ?

DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Terminator wrote:1) Testing this version in Multiplayer with "Allies" ON I didnt find button that open window where creating Allieses. Is this bug or this button re-binded ?
That menu is bound to Numpad-Enter. I don't know a bug which prevents that menu from showing up.
Terminator wrote:2)In OpenGL game became more beautyfull, but I saw that in little windows (whan you are ordering what to build) in track menu Buildings textures are very smooth,I think. Can it be fix in 2.0.4?
This may be related to anti-aliasing, which would be controled by your graphic-card-drivers and not by Warzone.
Terminator wrote:3)In this ver. (2.0.3) I didnt find where to put wz soundtracks. I always play with this music(as for me wz Soundtrack - The Best track of all I heard befor). I even created folder "music" like in 0.2.2, but its not helped.
The information on that is somewhat hidden. Sorry. I will update the Readme for the next release.
Soundtracks go to X:\Path\To\Warzone\music\
In that folder there needs to be a music.wpl (text)file with content similar to this:

Code: Select all

[menu]
music/Nexus_menu1.ogg
music/Nexus_menu2.ogg

[game]
music/Nexus_game.ogg
Where music/Nexus_game.ogg is the path to the musicfile (which can be in mp3 or ogg-vorbis format).
Terminator wrote:4)I tested it on Radeons(9600pro,9800) video card & game gone slower than on my Gforce 5200.Why ?
No idea. Shouldn't be... The graphics code is limited to 60 FPS max on all systems.
Perhaps your driver settings differ in terms of anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering?
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

As for "Numpad-Enter" so its not worked in 2.0.3 but in 2.0.4 its fixed > theme is closed, like a music trouble.(its works too in 2.0.4_RC1).

As for Radeons so I tested on 9200 and saw bug in graphic that shows only models(without textures) and even models were gliched(some polygons were invisible) and wz runs slows too. Sorry but I dont know on what drivers it was.

DevUrandom you are developer of this wz right . I want to ask you : to make a server and run it for me and others funs of this great game, because game already playable and its will be good . PLEASE !

And last > May be goback to forum reports of BUGS. Because in bugtracker too diffcult browsing around reports.

Thanks.

DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

We are working on making bugreports easier. Current idea is to allow bugreports in the forums and let someone "sync" it with our bugtracker. This could be a big amount of work for him, we are still searching for someone willing to do it. ;)
Perhaps "open in new window" per default for the bugtracker would help ppl for now?
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

Maybee a small php script that do this automatically ?
or why not change the forums sourcecode to do this ?

--Ano
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

PHP script...
The bugtracker sends all changes to a mailinglist () so it should be possible to subscribe to this ml and parse the incoming mail and push the contents into MySQL.

Kamaze? Possible? How much work?