Glad to see you guys are still going....

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
GrimMoroe
New user

Glad to see you guys are still going....

Post by GrimMoroe »

Glad to see all of you keeping Warzone 2100 alive.
Any old timers still around?
I was going through old hard drives and found all my work done years ago...lol
Anyways just wanted to drop in and say hello.
Best Regards
Grim
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Glad to see you guys are still going....

Post by Per »

Nice to hear from you again! :D
GrimMoroe
New user

Post by GrimMoroe »

Hello Per, what's it been like 7 or 8 years?
When i saw all my old warzone data it brought back a lot of memories...called my brother up and talked about old times...
Actually from what I can see I still have all of it...all the way back to N.E.W.S.T. days....even before the source code was released..crazy
So how have you been?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Hey Grim, how goes it?
Yeah, some of the old timers have dropped by now and then... NF-Coybow is still around, trying to make a new map editor.
There have also been some attempts at making the gfx better... viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5136 and actually, too many to list, so here is that section in case you missed it. viewforum.php?f=33

Do you recall if you ever redid the textures? If so, we could use them, since, they are still basically the same as when it was released. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6836
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
GrimMoroe
New user

Post by GrimMoroe »

Hello Vexed,
I redid every single model and texture in the game including terrain and VFX. I created at least 200-300 new models including bombed out buildings, trees, rocks, bridges...too much to list. As soon as I get the time maybe within the next few weeks I will gather all the stuff to give to all of you. Here is a sample of stuff I put into warzone:
Image[/url][/img]
Image[/url][/img]
Image[/url][/img]
Image[/url][/img]
Image[/url][/img]
Image[/url][/img]
Image[/url][/img]
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

GrimMoroe wrote:So how have you been?
Busy with life, I guess :)
GrimMoroe wrote: I redid every single model and texture in the game including terrain and VFX. I created at least 200-300 new models including bombed out buildings, trees, rocks, bridges...too much to list. As soon as I get the time maybe within the next few weeks I will gather all the stuff to give to all of you.
That sounds really awesome!
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Cool, that would be great!
When you do get a chance to upload them, can you also include a license with your content?
It needs to work with GPL v2 that the game uses, and also, list how you want to be credited in the authors file.
like these from another forum post (viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8094) about this:
  • Public Domain or CC-0: Users can do whatever they want with your work.
  • CC-BY-3.0 + GPLv2: As above, but users must attribute you when modifying/redistributing your work.
  • CC-BY-SA-3.0 + GPLv2: As above, but users must allow modifying/redistributing of anything they create using your work.
note, it can also be another type, but we prefer one of the above.
You can PM the staff account with that information, if you don't want to post it here.

IIRC, you used maya to create this stuff right?
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

GrimMoroe wrote: I redid every single model and texture in the game including terrain and VFX. I created at least 200-300 new models including bombed out buildings, trees, rocks, bridges...too much to list. As soon as I get the time maybe within the next few weeks I will gather all the stuff to give to all of you.
"The instruction which the true artist gives opens the mind; for, where words fail, deeds speak." J.W. v. Goethe
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
GrimMoroe
New user

Post by GrimMoroe »

@per
I completely understand the busy with life part.

@vexed
CC-BY-SA 3.0 + GPLv2 is fine for all my work done on warzone.
To answer your other question yes I did use Maya for some of it and pie slicer for others. Maya came in later after Troman made me a .obj to pie converter. The thing worked awesome. All of the model shots above were from warzone 2200 but during my testing they worked fine in an old build of the game here back in 2009 I think.

I'd hate to see all of this stuff go to waste. I also think I have all the game art creation docs I made explaining everything....key word here is think.....I could have sworn I saw that stuff to when I looked over all the files.

The only thing I can't give is the warzone 2200 source code as that's chojun to give and I don't know how he felt about giving that away.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Ah, finally :)
I've seen a few pictures of your stuff on the forums, but I never found the actual 3d models.
Me, MaNGusT and a few others have been recreating the units with normal maps and more detail (100-500 triangles per model) but the terrain features & props are still largely untouched.
I'd be intrigued to look into integrating your models with what we have.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

GrimMoroe wrote:I redid every single model and texture in the game including terrain and VFX
Created with love. I like it. Some revision is needed btw, like adding nm and spec textures. It really suits the original wz's style. :)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

GrimMoroe wrote:I'd hate to see all of this stuff go to waste. I also think I have all the game art creation docs I made explaining everything....key word here is think.....I could have sworn I saw that stuff to when I looked over all the files.
Did you get time to look into putting this stuff up anywhere?