Warzone cyborgs VS. Fallout power armor

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Warzone cyborgs VS. Fallout power armor

Post by ClockWork »

This thread was by my questioning, what would be better in the battlefield; Using the synaptic link technology in cyborgs that transmits consciousness into a robotic body, or being in a suit? In the Warzone campaign, it was said that battlefield suits were made and done, but those were ineffective. Then I started playing Fallout 4 where you get this suit of power armor. It made me wonder which is better.

Cyborgs are practically stuck with the weapon they have, whereas people in power armor can carry different weapons (though that would not really be feasible.) But, one of the bigger cons about power armor is that each one would have to run on a big battery, when cyborgs appears to go with the wind and go where they want, without restriction. But a person in power armor can use chems (drugs) to make one's self faster, stronger, more resistant, and heal themselves.

So this is about Cyborgs vs. power armor discussion.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Warzone cyborgs VS. Fallout power armor

Post by Per »

In the end, a guy in a exoskeleton suit cannot accelerate faster than roughly 25-50g, while cyborgs can be designed to accelerate much faster than that. There are electronics that can survive 15 000g. So a cyborg would eventually become better than a guy in a an exoskeleton suit simply because they can accelerate faster, which equals to getting out of harm's way faster.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

Unless you fire off an EMP!
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

The way I see it, cyborgs in warzone are essentially power suits, primarily because of the problem with reliably transfering control wirelessly. However, as people sustain battle damage, their limbs and other parts will be increasingly replaced by robotics. Different factions probably implement the technology in different ways though.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-