The future of Warzone might be back on Mplayer

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Weered
New user

The future of Warzone might be back on Mplayer

Post by Weered »

Hi Guys,

I hope this does not get flagged as advertising or spam... You could be back playing Warzone on Mplayer next year.

It has been rebuilt. Below is a link to the Live Stream of the resurrected service on YouTube. It is launching in January. I kid you not. Game launching is still in development but aside from that it is a fully functional client.

Here is the direct link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-g6KIt7Hs

We redid the skinning engine (As you can see, no more .BMP) and recoded the entire platform to be compatible with everything from windows XP to windows 10 with their affiliated security. Come January all the voice and video chat will be up and running. The actual site is http://www.mplayer.co. Although everything was purchased, IGN wouldn`t part with Mplayer.com.

Here is the link to the full sized screenshot.
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... 5xyukx.jpg
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: The future of Warzone might be back on Mplayer

Post by Cyp »

Will you also make a mencoder, which can record Warzone 2100? It would go well with mplayer for playing Warzone 2100.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Oh, dear! I appear to have spritzed coffee on my keyboard.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Its something like a zombie. Dont know what the point of doing that. :?:
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

As all Mplayer code is long gone...and no chance of it coming back (all closed source) I don't see this going anywhere.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Weered
New user

Post by Weered »

You are correct. The code and hardware were VIOLENTLY antiquated. They purchased everything from the last predecessor and tried to get it to work 3 years ago for some time. It just wasn't possible. So it would in fact have been a zombie that could not be adapted to anything other than the games that ran on it previously which would bring in a pile of other issues.

So it looks like Mplayer, acts like Mplayer but is a completely recoded 2016 build. Everything was redone so now it will be a large indie-game competitor with a dash of nostalgia.

And yes, it should be able to accommodate the old school big titles that ran on it previously in addition to anything you can run on Steam.

Hate it, love it, I think it is cool.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

I was merely trying to point out that your title, "The future of Warzone might be back on Mplayer" is impossible, since, as I mentioned, there is no code available that we could use, and/or meet the GPL V2+ license that the game now uses.

Nothing more.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Weered
New user

Post by Weered »

Oh, sorry. Well at the very least the game launcher for it still exists. it MIGHT work still. But that licensing issue may be problematic.

If that is the case. Ignore me lol.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Weered wrote:Oh, sorry. Well at the very least the game launcher for it still exists. it MIGHT work still. But that licensing issue may be problematic.

If that is the case. Ignore me lol.
MPlayer probably will not wor with new warzone version. I dont think even with old version as there is an dead gamespy code.

If you want to play in some kind of launchers: The one that still works with old warzone is - Gameranger.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Weered
New user

Post by Weered »

BUMP!

Hi guys,

The Phase 1 Alpha Release for ‪#‎MPLAYER‬ is now available. Visit Mplayer.co for more information!

See you all online!