X-Box One Contoller UPLINK

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
NPC Gunner
Greenhorn

X-Box One Contoller UPLINK

Post by NPC Gunner »

HI all!!

is there any way that we can connect out X-Box 360 or X-Box One contollers so that we can play the game with them.???
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: X-Box One Contoller UPLINK

Post by stiv »

Tell us more about X-Box controllers. Do they use proprietary connectors or implement special protocols? Do they act like a mouse or joystick?

/me was thinking about Space Navigator(tm) support the other day.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

There is no way to map everything to the controller, so, it would be rather difficult.
The PSX version had a minimal mode that did work with a controller, but, that was very crippled to what there is available with keyboard/mouse.

In short, is some kind of game play possible? Sure.
Is anyone going to re-implement the PSX code for the XB1/360/PS3/PS4 controller? Highly doubt it.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

The driver mode doe... Could be fun to be 30 players joining together to serve a null bot against another one with more ressource.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

stiv wrote:Tell us more about X-Box controllers. Do they use proprietary connectors or implement special protocols? Do they act like a mouse or joystick?
They're a kind of gamepad with standardized layout: Two analog sticks you can also press, two analog triggers, one 8-directional digital pad, eight normal buttons (plus force feedback and a headset connector). Under Windows there's Xinput for them, or they pose as "normal" gamepads for programs that don't support Xinput, but then the triggers don't work (iirc). Under Linux they show up as any other gamepad.

Current Warzone basically needs a mouse. There are programs to simulate mouse/keyboard input with a gamepad (or it could be implemented directly in Warzone the same way), but I don't think that'd lead to comfortable gameplay. Even if someone comes up with a good method to control the game with a controller, the current widgets/interface would probably stand in the way of actually implementing it.
We want information... information... information.
neo_dragon2k
Trained
Trained

Post by neo_dragon2k »

Hello there. ^_^ first off i apologize to the moderators if they consider this grave digging however since noone actually bothered to answer the initial posters question i felt i would do so.

I use this program called Xpadder. It can basically take any type of controller you can plug into a pc and fools the system into believing your controller is actually the keyboard and mouse. I like it cause it will work with any game. heres a link to their main website. http://www.xpadder.com/ I have heard they do have some free versions but idk i didnt really look too deeply into it.

personally as far as PC games go i really do feel that a mouse and keyboard are better for RTS games like warzone; but i mostly play consoles though and i do use xpadder for games like minecraft and space engineers and id prefer that over a keyboard.

It does take some time to get used to using this because you have to spend alot of time fine tuning the controls to get them the way you want them. theres also alot of tutorials on youtube that can show you how to to use the software too. i highly recommend watching some.