PEBCAK

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

PEBCAK

Post by Iluvalar »

vexed wrote:Hmm, nobody listens to whiners ? Imagine that. :annoyed:
You also got a knack for stating the obvious. :stare:
It's strange because I feel you are the one whining about the traffic jam in your game here. Nobody listen to me but guess what ? That's exactly why you are so sad. If there was someone willing to talk with me, the traffic problems in that game would be solved in a few days.

It's not a huge unsolvable problem. It's just a small task on a well documented problem (with tons of solutions avalaible). I understand you are grumpy about having huge bugs in your game and no one willing to fix it but you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. It's not by spitting at me when I propose to add a I() fonction in the A* algorythme that people will be more willing to propose (and above it implement) other solutions either...
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: PEBCAK

Post by vexed »

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif (2.45 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
As usual, you don't have a clue to what you are talking about.

If you want to do a patch, fine, do it. If not, don't.
It can't get much simpler.
There are lots of contributors who have made patches, and lots of them are in the code base now.
They don't sit there whining about 'how nobody listens to me' they do it. :annoyed:

Take your negativity elsewhere, it isn't welcomed or wanted.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I did a patch for another bug. Invested time to document and fix a bug. One is enough. You appeared to prefer keeping that bug in your game. And every time I try to talk to you seriously, you refuse to listen to anything.

I won't work to fix a second bug if the first one stay in the game and my work is ignored.

Now, i'll let all that negativity behind and once again i'll be constructive :

You need a third function inside your A* algorithm that will make the tiles with no free passable tile to the left to have an artificialy increased resitance score.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Iluvalar wrote:I did a patch for another bug. Invested time to document and fix a bug. One is enough. You appeared to prefer keeping that bug in your game. And every time I try to talk to you seriously, you refuse to listen to anything.
Hardly. It was already explained on IRC, and the ticket itself, but you refuse to understand it.
You just like going in circles. :annoyed:
I won't work to fix a second bug if the first one stay in the game and my work is ignored.
Flawed logic, but, whatever.
Now, i'll let all that negativity behind and once again i'll be constructive :

You need a third function inside your A* algorithm that will make the tiles with no free passable tile to the left to have an artificialy increased resitance score.
Thanks again for stating the obvious.
Talk is cheap.

Since this thread is going in circles, locking it.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.