SO SLOW AND LAGY...

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
reikaizeniii
Greenhorn

SO SLOW AND LAGY...

Post by reikaizeniii »

How can we make warzone smooth in multiplayer game?? cause in my experience its awfully laggy when playing and when there is so many units at hand..
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: SO SLOW AND LAGY...

Post by vexed »

What OS you got ?
What hardware you got ?

All RTS games are CPU demanding. There is no way around it, the more units, the more CPU speed it needs.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

(and better network)
Perseus
Trained
Trained

Post by Perseus »

reikaizeniii wrote:How can we make warzone smooth in multiplayer game?? cause in my experience its awfully laggy when playing and when there is so many units at hand..
5x5 NTW games will lag the most. If your computer isn't fast enough, try playing on smaller maps or even low oil maps.
Are you talking about other players lagging games though?
You'll find that in multi-player games, if one player lags everyone lags.
All players have to have decent pings and a machine fast enough to play 3.1.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

As I have learned from extensive playtime with EVE Online and World of Warcraft even the best coded games can get really laggy if there is too much for the network and graphics cards to process. High cpu loads can also cause issues but usually isn't as much as an issue as network and graphics processing. Another factor is the how well the network connection between your ISP and the other players ISPs. Getting stuck behind a bad router somewhere along the line can really tank a game. In most cases if the net connection is what is causing the lag there is not much you can do about it even if you have a dedicated T1 or T3. Its all about the router network and how much traffic passes through it.

If you want to see what I am talking about look for a freeware or shareware IPTrace utility. There should show you what routers you are bouncing off of and where (if I remember my networking utils correctly).
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained

Post by AWarZoner »

NoQ wrote:(and better network)
Yes, higher internet speed.

(ping)

Andrie