Steam for linux

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Steam for linux

Post by vexed »

Steam is having a sale to show off their linux client.
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/linux_release/

Those are also playable on windows... some nice cheap games they got.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Steam for linux

Post by aubergine »

Bah, Uplink is like a game version of working for the US government, only without the mass murders.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

aubergine wrote: Bah, Uplink is like a game version of working for the US government, only without the mass murders.
Did you murder someone to get a government job?
Sorry just joke could not help meself
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Aubergine you are a bad boy ;) I liked hacking in Deus Ex Human Revolution. I felt the adrenaline.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, i installed it, signed up, clicked to get team fortress (freetoplay), it started downloading 10gb. I was like :augh: , rm -rf it, and went back to playing openttd.

On a side note, i did manage to make myself to get a freetoplay version of sc2 (which was slightly more lightweight) and run it under wine. Then i imagined wz2100 free version that has only first 5 missions of the campaign and allows researching only machineguns in skirmish and multiplayer, and was like :augh: , and rm -rf it as well.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

NoQ some games like Max Payne 3 has 30 gigabytes, I think the only worst thing is that you have to download a game. Which in fact does not last so long, the speed is rather over average always I assume.

There are plenty of free games there, and steam give a lot of possibilities to be used by players.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I toyed with TF2. It's fun for a bit if you can afford the HD space, though, playing that game for only a brief time was enough to convince me we are doing fine with out in-game voice chat.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I love steam. :) Always play CS:Source (best CS game IMHO), recently bought Xcom - best game of 2012 so I've purches it to honor devs work :geek: & I think its right to pay for good game.

as for steam - its I think best gaming client for now its better than EA's origin, but don't know is it better than xfire. Sometimes I even think that I'm a Valve fun :roll:
effigy wrote:I toyed with TF2. It's fun for a bit if you can afford the HD space, though, playing that game for only a brief time was enough to convince me we are doing fine with out in-game voice chat.
Well for wz - yes its unnessessary work to implement voip. but in CS:s or aany other valve game voip - sweet - & comfy - very usefull in teambased games.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained

Post by IgorBrehm »

Hey Terminator add me on Steam so we can play togheter CS! xXHungryPredatorXx