Well longtime no see

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Well longtime no see

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

So whats no with all the WZ fools still around, damn its been a long time since I even played this game much less thought about it, but then again it took up a big part of my life for many of years, and then some. This past year I got into SupCom or Supreme Commander if you have not heard of that, from the time I spent playing it I found it to be a fun RTS game with lots of things to come with mods and maps in the future. One thing about GPG they planed from the start to make this game MOD happy.

I also was toying around with Maelstrom last year when that was in beta, I liked the game, but the after market support totaly sucked ass, CM has no clue what they are doing with there RTS game or most of there games for that matter and its best to stay away from them. KDV Games that made Maelstrom were kind of nice to me with a few questions I was asking about back when it was still beta, but once the release date came they seemed to have died faster then Pumpkin did, back in the day, I know they made a map editor for it, but from what I recall it was in Russain and CM had no plan to make a english copy of it, plus the game was not really a MOD friendly game by any means.

As for most of my gaming over the years its all about MMO RPG's and also some time playing FPS, I was making maps for Joint Op's a FPS from NovaLogic, but do to the fact I was in a clan at the time I was playing it, I didnt release my maps, but they were on our server for over 2 years and they had lots of playing time.

So who is still around and what happened to most of the old timers that were around for most of this journey ?

Next would be is anyone still making maps for this game, and if so how good are they ?

Oh and I need a run down of whats been done since we got the Source Code.

4nE
I've created "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you, with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.......Hattori Hanzo
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Well longtime no see

Post by lav_coyote25 »

hello and welcome! 

most recent changelog is http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/warzone/trun ... iew=markup

and the todo list is  http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/warzone/trun ... iew=markup

edit (Giel): make the links refer to the "latest" versions rather than specific revisions
Last edited by Giel on 25 Oct 2007, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

4nie, I'm pleased to see you again.

A lot has changed...  We should chat, there is a lot to talk about.
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

-----------

* Howdie, 4nE.

* Whatever happened with GTA: LV ?

* I would second Chojun's invite - lots of kwel haps that may whet your whistle.

* And do check-out Lav's links too - basically there are 2 different tracks you'll have to evaluate for yourself.

- RV :)

* EDIT: As far as maps...

* AFAIK, coyote has made some, Serman has mad some & I've made a few for my "Trinity" Project.

* My issue has been the quality of the tertiles...... I used the stock Rocky Mountain set (which as I recall was your fav) and they look god -awful....

* Presently I'm gonna replace them with Grim's new tertiles & features when they are done.... in the meanwhile I'm working on another very exciting WZ Project that makes me happy because the quality of the materials & participants, is extremely high - stunning & amicable, indeed. :D
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 25 Oct 2007, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

good to see you again, 4nie. among other things, i especially don't think i'll ever forget your distinctive avatar from the old days  ;D
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Hi, 4nie, glad to see again.
A lot has happened since the release of the source. The game has been ported to linux and mac. We got rid of some of the in-game annoyances. Like: it's finally possible to see ally units during multiplayer/skirmish. Teams with locked alliances can be created in the game lobby, more than 1 weapon can be put on certain bodies, AI has been improved etc. The rest should be covered in the link Coyote posted.

As for the maps, not many maps are being done nowadays. I think only Coyote has been working on maps in the last months.
?topic=1617.0
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Rman Virgil wrote: -----------

* Howdie, 4nE.

* Whatever happened with GTA: LV ?

* I would second Chojun's invite - lots of kwel haps that may whet your whistle.

* And do check-out Lav's links too - basically there are 2 different tracks you'll have to evaluate for yourself.

- RV :)

* EDIT: As far as maps...

* My issue has been the quality of the tertiles...... I used the stock Rocky Mountain set (which as I recall was your fav) and they look god -awful....
Well it was not GTA:LV but close enough, thing is the person that got me into that or wanted me, went out to LV and kind of got pulled over on a DUI in the first 3 days of going there, and he had already had 2 in the past 5 years in FLA. so they locked his ass up for over 6 months and I had no clue what happpened to him for most of that time. I cant really get into what game it was, but I can say it came out in 2007. Even though this person screwed up, I know he is now back at what he did best, and have heard from a few people that we knew together that he has changed his life around, but it was a very costly mistake on his part, and I highly doubt he would ever see something like that come his way in his life time again.

On the plus side Postal 3 is being worked on, still not sure if I want to get into that, I was very much into Postal 2 back when it was being made, and used to hang out on IRC with most of the DEV's before the game went to multiplayer, learned a lot of sh*t back then and made some good friends, though I have no clue whos still around these days.

As for the Rocky Mountain tile set thats the sh*t, and always was the best in my book, all the others were just to bland for my taste for the most part, and I could look at a picture or come up with an idea in my head, and them tiles just always seemed to fit, though I did do some custom work to them along the way as I recall. I will say this, making maps for this game really sucked from the time point of view, but they were a great means to get rid of stress, and make art in an odd kind of way. Oh and whats up with the new map editor ? or at lest I think it is a new one.

Troman good to see you still around, I knew this was going to linux, that was kind of the reason I left, after we got the SC, because all I heard was talk of just porting the game, and not really doing anything to it, and that kind of pissed me off, it seemed to me that all these new people came out of no where, and just wanted to take all the things we worked so hard on and put it to linux, with out fixing any of the problems, well at lest that was my take on things at the time, plus I was just burned out on the game.

kage working on getting that back up, and wheres my smiley face >:(

Chojun I dont talk to many people these days do to lack of PC time right now, its a long story, and I am not going to get into that now, but hope to be back online more after the first of the new year, but I will stop by now and then.

OH what ever happened to Stratadrake ?

4nE
I've created "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you, with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.......Hattori Hanzo
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

OK seems I am having problems with my avatar, got my old one and some new ones take your pick.

Wonder what these came from ?

4nE
rush2049
Trained
Trained

Post by rush2049 »

good to see you back around...

I haven't been too active mostly because of the amount of work Drexel University puts on its Software Engineering students....

and isn't that last avatar from a sci-fi channel intro..... (the good ole days)
System:AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @3.511ghz, 8GB DDR3 @1672.2mhz 9-9-9-24, Geforce GTX 275
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

rush2049 wrote:
and isn't that last avatar from a sci-fi channel intro..... (the good ole days)
No thats my old avatar, BUT I will give this clue all the pics are related to the same movie.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

i'd have to guess... hitchcock's 'the birds'
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

:( Damn that took awhile for someone to get, but at lest someone got it.

BTW that was a good movie for its time, and Hitchcock was the father for most Suspense and Horror flims seen today, or in the last 30 years, if it could be done he did it long before most flim makers ever though of it.

4nE
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

RBL-4NiK8r wrote: :( Damn that took awhile for someone to get, but at lest someone got it.
i didn't notice we were playing that game until you mentioned something about a clue :)
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

RBL-4NiK8r wrote: So who is still around and what happened to most of the old timers that were around for most of this journey ?
Welcome back, 4ne :D

What I did all the time? Well.. not much. Played Guild Wars, almost stopped playing it by now and I am back to Warzone 2100. And I became owner of the warzone2100.de this year :D