Whats your favourite weapon

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Biogenesis
New user

Whats your favourite weapon

Post by Biogenesis »

So whats your favourite weapon? It'd be interesting to see ^_^
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Re: Whats your favourite weapon

Post by NucNut »

VTOL Cannon, yes, the sh***y 1st cannon you get when you first research VTOLs, mows through early T1 units quite easily.

In skirmish games i get a group of Cannon Viper VTOLs to patrol my base perimeter - plays havoc with the AI units  ;)
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox
Commander_Keyes
Trained
Trained

Post by Commander_Keyes »

I've never got very far, but at the last Alpha Mission my fav weapon is definitely the Hypervelocity Cannon.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

For me it's definitely the Heavy Cannon. It looks awesome, sounds cool and deals a great deal of a damage.
?topic=1617.0
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

SP:  Assault Gun.  From when you get it through Gamma 2, it rips everything it comes into contact with (on the ground at least) to shreads, and through gamma 5 is still very effective at anti-cyborg and anti-base-structure warfare.

MP:  HEAP bomb bay; because it's one of the few weapons with a hit radius that does full damage to everyone within it, making it great for eliminating clumps of units or tightly-packed buildings.  Oh, and it has a minimal pre-tech requirement.
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Campaign play: My favorite weapon is the Mini-Pod Rockets. Though not at all effective, they're cheap, light, and very good for quick, and basic base security.

Multiplayer: I love artillery exchanges, so I use the Hellstorm all the time.  ;)
kYdizzle
Greenhorn

Post by kYdizzle »

scrouge missiles, fully upgraded, will follow tanks when they retreat
Arathorn
Greenhorn

Post by Arathorn »

Scourge missiles, and incendiary howitzers.
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Post by Kayiaxo »

The heavy cannon is nice =)
Credits to Kacen for making the image.
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

NucNut wrote: VTOL Cannon, yes, the sh***y 1st cannon you get when you first research VTOLs, mows through early T1 units quite easily.

In skirmish games i get a group of Cannon Viper VTOLs to patrol my base perimeter - plays havoc with the AI units  ;)
I cant see you never really played multiplayer games, because a few AA hardpoints or mobile would kill your Air Farce in seconds. Your better off with Viper Lancer VTOL's they only fire 1 time and go back to reload, so most of them are not getting shot out of the sky as they hang around to pick off more targets.

As for my Favourite Weapon, it would have to be the Tech Tree or Trucks very few people mastered this game I like did in all stages of the game, and could bring death from the lest likely spots around, and with things most people never though of at the time  >:(

As for HEAP bomb bay I made them work nice in VTOLFUN, but if they are still stock from the early ver of this game they just didnt cut it in MP games, Viper Pulse Lasers did a hell of a better job. Also they were cheap to send in to lay waste to the other sides AA.

4nE
I've created "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you, with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.......Hattori Hanzo
Commander_Keyes
Trained
Trained

Post by Commander_Keyes »

I changed my mind.

PLASMA CANNONS FO THE WIN!! YEEHAW!
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

lol... almost all newbies^^. nothing is better than gauss cannon.  ;D
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Delphinio wrote: lol... almost all newbies^^. nothing is better than gauss cannon.  ;D
Well this all depends on what tech you started on. Tho Guass tends to kick major ass once you have a good number of them in play till then Rail Guns are by far cheaper to make and take less time, very rarely did I ever change all factorys over to Guass just because I got it, for the most part it was 1 factory then and 2 just to keep my number of units up thru out the battle. Granted if your just being a turtle one could very well make
Guass in 5 factorys, but then again I never saw a turtle I could not beat.

4nE
I've created "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you, with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.......Hattori Hanzo
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

sure is rail cheaper and take not so much time. but u should do gauss if u get it... u get the time to produce them... thats np and the power too. look, needle gun is much cheaper than rail gun... but do u build it? no, coz its crap. i dont wanna say that rail gun is crap but gauss is a good and fair weapon upgrade, like rail gun for needle gun. gauss got more range and it can destroy enemy def. much easier than his little brother rail gun. gauss is a must have, realy.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Delphinio wrote: sure is rail cheaper and take not so much time. but u should do gauss if u get it... u get the time to produce them... thats np and the power too. look, needle gun is much cheaper than rail gun... but do u build it? no, coz its crap. i dont wanna say that rail gun is crap but gauss is a good and fair weapon upgrade, like rail gun for needle gun. gauss got more range and it can destroy enemy def. much easier than his little brother rail gun. gauss is a must have, realy.

In single player, you don't get gauss till ,ore than 1/2 way through the final stage.

In MP games, quite often, the game is over before you get to Gauss.