Whats your favourite weapon

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Tiberian
Trained
Trained

Re: Whats your favourite weapon

Post by Tiberian »

I'd have to go with Artillery in general,
more specifically the Pepperpot Mortar, it's not particularly damaging, but it more then compensates with its rate of fire
skellr
Trained
Trained

Post by skellr »

Incendiary mortar/howitzer

I just like to see stuff burn. :P
DT-170x
Greenhorn

Post by DT-170x »

The Archangle Missiles They fire a long distance and over hills
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Delphinio wrote:no mobile arty is a rule like bt 15, no vtols and no half builds.
we play online with this rules for more than 5 years.
themousemaster wrote: Hardly. They may have much greater range, but their accuracy at anything more than about 4 screen lengths is pathetic, and unlike the Howitzers, they have no blast radius at all. 9 mobile Hellstorms will easily beat almost any number of missile batteries, as they can survive the approach due to poor accuracy, and then fire at a rate of 20 howitzer shots to 1 missile volley.
how do you want to kill the archs if your hells got not enough range to kill them and you cant come closer? normaly we save our arty with def and/or tanks. if you wanna use your hells then you must kill the enemy def and tanks first... with your tanks. well, you can try to comming closer with your hells... cb tower is waiting for you ;). we dont let you so close that your hellstorms can shoot to our ripples or arch. and the accuracy it not worst than all other artys. arty in warzone work only good if your arty got targets in a straight line and not diagonally (i think its a bug). i dont like mobile arty coz the mobile wide sensor got unlimeted rage to a target : / (another bug). btw arch can get a lot more dmg points than hells.
I always hated them rules for the game WTF no VTOL's ok so maybe you got to many players that cant figure out how to get AA from T1 no base, but VTOL's are a big part of this game to just kill them, and they can trash most Artty sites that become a PITA (pain in the ass) oh ya I forgot if you got to add AA batterys around your base you have less room for Artty well to bad .
If you well want to test your skill try playing a game with no more then 10 or 20 of the same kind of unit, the biggest problem this game has always had was the fact that at the end of the game one side will always mass with the same kind of units and punch thru a hole in the defense, how you get that hole is the tricky part, but once its made your f*****g toast.

4nE
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

1)heavy mg: that pwnz much of the enemy unit at start of mp games
2)HEAP bomb: that's like the holy grenade by worms...Get everything to DUST...
3)Twin assault cannon: that's great,double gun double fun!
Xfire-->chris37killer
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

Flamers due to AOE and quick upgrade path that doesn't have any weird prerequisites like the lancers require machine gun cyborgs. Vtols are only good for softening defences unless they have the very best bomb bay so I usualy use lancers on those for cheapness.
eyestrain92
Trained
Trained

Post by eyestrain92 »

Flamers are one of mine. They're useful for what they're useful for. Plus, they eat base defenses and have a DOT effect which is nice early game.

Howizters/hellstorms too common, archangels too late, too slow, and too heavy... Scourge, too popular, gauss isn't very fun...

I like the early tier weapons. My favorites may very well be the mini-rocket artillery and mini-pod. Nothing funnier than seeing a rush stomped by a couple placements up on a cliff launching blue rockets wildly at an area.

All in all? I don't use VTOL's much...

Flashlights. Oh god, fast reload, use the laser upgrades...

Those and links. I love seeing forces halved and then destroyed by themselves.
soraoseka
Greenhorn

Post by soraoseka »

Archangels missiles could be obtained in about ten research at their first stage.
However the first time i did got them like this i got surprised, i was not planning to get them so early because i did not search a few things that are necessarly according to the tech tree. Perhaps a bug uh ? buh still about ten research and got it.
Lev_Arris
New user

Post by Lev_Arris »

Of course I love all the end game tech but the weapon I use most, mg hardpoint.
atdsutm
Greenhorn

Post by atdsutm »

where can i find the stat chart for all weapons, parts, and their respective changes when upgraded
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Post by new paradigm leader »

to be honest the pulse laser OWNS esp on ps1 version with uber unit on it can clear a nexus base in seconds
:
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Post by new paradigm leader »

though the heavy mach gun does also own i keep that design even after assault gun research so i dont lose it great wepon for taking out enemy forces not especially powerfull but a great all rounder and face it rapid fire weapons are the best things to use against nexu
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
Deltaflyer
Greenhorn

Post by Deltaflyer »

Although it isnt a weapon, my favorite thing is the auto repair. It makes your forces last so much longer and harder to destroy. I played an IP game against my cousin, He halved my force and put the rest below 50% armor before they stormed his base at full. I lol'd.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

My favourite weapon would probably be the pulse laser because of its range and efficiency against buildings, I also like the projectile model of the pulse laser.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

new paradigm leader wrote:though the heavy mach gun does also own i keep that design even after assault gun research so i dont lose it great wepon for taking out enemy forces not especially powerfull but a great all rounder and face it rapid fire weapons are the best things to use against nexu
Why? In the campaign, which uses 1.10 balancing, each assault gun bullet does more damage (HMG = 18 kinetic AP MG, assault = 22 kinetic AP MG) than heavy machinegun, and shoots around 10x more bullets in the same amount of time. There's a reason assault gun fully replaces every previous MG.