nazism

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
tmp500
Trained
Trained

nazism

Post by tmp500 »

"Sieg heil!!! (* by Adolf Hitler)"

why is this behavior allowed again? normally the minority that needs to spread nazism/racism isnt the problem... its the people standing by with the hands in their pockets.

please turn the lobby filter back on again!

thanks, tmp
Originway
Trained
Trained

Re: nazism

Post by Originway »

I also noticed other things that can't be repeated here.
I know I saw a post about who to report it to but I can't find it now.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Pretty sure it's a joke, but I can still see how it's more than offensive.
Also known as Subsentient.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Sometimes taking offense makes something more offensive. Such is the culture of programmed inclination and is therefore a knee-jerk incidence far out of proportion.

We live in a world of dark clouds with silver linings, of increasing poverty, of starvation, bloodshed and perpetual war, of inconsistent laws that shatter nations, neighbours and families. And yet we choose to remain haunted by a single war and series of attroceties that occured little less than a full century ago. Worse - we choose to let it colour our present.

I am hence quite certain that more pressing matters should require the attention of crusaders other than a few words insulting not by crassness but by the result of political tenderization (which other dark points in history, such as the spanish inquisition, have not endured).
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

If you stand by and let apathy rule your life things happen and no one takes a stand.
"It don’t concern me" is another way of letting criminal and evil minded folks get away with what they do.
If you don’t speak up the sins pass roister.
Chastising someone for wanting standards upheld is the same as committing the offence yourself.
Thats not a flame just truth.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Such abuse of the lobby is of course not acceptable. We'll see what we can do about it.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Berg wrote:"It don’t concern me" is another way of letting criminal and evil minded folks get away with what they do.
That is a sad truth that too many people do. Many people have said it in many different ways, when good people do nothing, evil flourishes.
Also known as Subsentient.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Not only for nazism for all other stuff!
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

It makes no sense to refuse to clean a stain from fabric in order to remind the self not to spill nasty stuff upon it again.

Once one begins to make exceptions, one's moral foundations begins to fill with holes.

An excellent example of such faulty logic is the "legal system" of pretty much any given nation. Consistent only in its inconsistency.
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

And yet we choose to remain haunted by a single war and series of attroceties that occured little less than a full century ago Worse - we choose to let it colour our present.
i would hope so that we let the past colour our present! after all the human being is not some animal who repeats its mistakes in regular intervals. well...most of us... i know its a really tough thing to look back (1, 2 generations) 70 years where millions of people got slaughtered for reasons that still exist in the present time. dictatorship and racism is not some ancient thing that should not "colour us" O_o
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

And yet the exact opposite logic is oft-recommended for as far as, for example, terrorism is concerned. To hold your head high and move forward in spite of the efforts of those who would wish otherwise is a small step towards thwarting the designs of such movements. Well that is the theory anyway as we live in a world where such is not practiced - evidenced by the extravagant measures taken to 'not offend' certain parties.

The war to be oneself. Thats the war of today - not yester-century.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

Avestron wrote:And yet the exact opposite logic is oft-recommended for as far as, for example, terrorism is concerned. To hold your head high and move forward in spite of the efforts of those who would wish otherwise is a small step towards thwarting the designs of such movements. Well that is the theory anyway as we live in a world where such is not practiced - evidenced by the extravagant measures taken to 'not offend' certain parties.

The war to be oneself. Thats the war of today - not yester-century.
you want anarchy on the lobby server and forums and real life then?
Per wrote:Such abuse of the lobby is of course not acceptable. We'll see what we can do about it.
who do we contact about this? I have seen lots of "... is a faggot" as well and it is getting worse with more abrasive language. :(
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

you are loosing yourself in your own rhetoric. what does terrorism got to do with the topic of this discussion, i was pointing out that its not acceptable to promote an ideology of killing people based on their race and everything else that one would connect to hitler.
since you not only ignore my points but also continue to repeat yourself "Thats the war of today - not yester-century" ill step back from this discussion since i made my point and got heard by the people who count. - thanks for looking into that per.

ps: just for the fun of it ill repeat myself again :roll: cause it wont get much more idiotic to believe that one should forget things that have happened in the past. "dictatorship and racism is not some ancient thing that does not exist anymore"
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

(edit)@ originway - Of course I do not propose anarchy. Rules can be great guidelines to good behaviour. I am intrigued by the way that sensitivities play out to tighten them however.(/edit)
tmp500 wrote:you are loosing yourself in your own rhetoric. what does terrorism got to do with the topic of this discussion, i was pointing out that its not acceptable to promote an ideology of killing people based on their race and everything else that one would connect to hitler.
since you not only ignore my points but also continue to repeat yourself "Thats the war of today - not yester-century" ill step back from this discussion since i made my point and got heard by the people who count. - thanks for looking into that per.

ps: just for the fun of it ill repeat myself again :roll: cause it wont get much more idiotic to believe that one should forget things that have happened in the past. "dictatorship and racism is not some ancient thing that does not exist anymore"
Sadly, this above-quoted post by yourself has provoked resortment to personal defense. Such is inevitable when the subject shifts from the topic to each other and contributes nothing to resolving the matter at hand.

It is interesting that your retort here consisted entirely of sarcasm and debasing remarks intended at discrediting an individual of different perspective from yourself rather than presenting a shred of constructive contribution to your own perspective. Such is sadly a common (if questionable) fallback for persons whom feel threatened by substantiative non-aggressive discussion of perspectives. I can only conclude that a nerve was struck at some point during my last post.

You should note that I deliberately answered your context with a completely different one as I happen to feel that consistency is desirable in forming one's perspectives in life. That also means finding consistency between different contexts. That is what separates value from prejudice. Regardless of how popular such prejudice may be.

Hitler lived and died. His actions have been and gone just as with so many other instances in history recent and not, notorious or not. You and any person may revile him and any other individual or faction if you so choose but such should be choice, not a knee-jerk obligation.

P.S. Forgetting the past is different from living in (fear of?) the past. Live for the present and future and learn from the past, but to let the past shade your present is to cling on to it. Such is fine when the past remembered is to be cherished, but bad memories should be released to make way for better ones as otherwise one runs the risk of tarnishing the present.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

OK, enough of this.
We have rules that apply to forums, IRC, and the lobby server.
When someone finds someone doing something they shouldn't then PM this account.

Locking this thread before it gets even more out of hand.
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.