Game performance

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
tima
Rookie
Rookie

Game performance

Post by tima »

Hi, sorry for the translator, but have a question.

The configuration of my system:

Intel Core2 Quad 9400
RAM 4 GB
GeForce 260 GT
Windows 10 64-bit (license)

While playing with nullbot the game significantly slows down.With AI "bonnes crusher" the game slows down from the beginning of the battle. Things are very slow and play online with a friend against bots is almost impossible. My PC constantly produces Zzz. The CPU usage is 30-40%. Video settings at minimum. All relevant drivers installed.

How to solve the problem and raise the performance of the game? So the CPU was used 100%?

Game ver. 3.1.5
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Game performance

Post by Berg »

tima wrote:How to solve the problem and raise the performance of the game? So the CPU was used 100%?
I would suggest removing the bone crusher mod and ask the author to try and fix performance.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

My PC constantly produces Zzz.
It means that your PC waits for the other PC(s) to catch up - either they have not enough CPU or you have slow network. Which is further confirmed by your CPU being idle. Note that the AI only runs on the PC that hosts the game.
tima
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tima »

NoQ wrote:
My PC constantly produces Zzz.
It means that your PC waits for the other PC(s) to catch up - either they have not enough CPU or you have slow network. Which is further confirmed by your CPU being idle. Note that the AI only runs on the PC that hosts the game.
Yes, my PC is the host. Both computers are connected by twisted pair on 2 meters. So there is no problem with the connection. The second computer has a similar configuration, only the Core 2 Duo 3 GHz processor is installed. The main problem with the performance of the game is that the process "warzone2100" does not use the full power of the PC. The game slows down, and CPU utilization goes by 30-40%. I think if the game used the processor 100%, the performance problem was gone.But how to make the game use the full potential of the PC under Windows 10?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Again, "Zzz" means that your computer is waiting for the reply from the other computer. He cannot utilize the processor because he has nothing to do, he can only wait. Check the other computer, check your ping.
tima
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tima »

NoQ wrote:Again, "Zzz" means that your computer is waiting for the reply from the other computer. He cannot utilize the processor because he has nothing to do, he can only wait. Check the other computer, check your ping.
Explain easier. In one room there are 2 PC connected by LAN cable. Speed 1000 MB/s, ping is < 1 ms. On the PC host 4 cores processor, on the client PC 2 core processor. 4Gb RAM on both. On the client PC, the game runs without slowing down. On a PC host with a slowing in the presence of 4-8 AI. This slowdown causes on host "Zzz" on the client PC and nothing to do with the network. And indeed, the problem of "Zzz" in this case is not relevant. The problem is the PC host and not connected with his hardware or drivers. PC host slows down AI, when a lot of units. To play almost impossible. While loading the host CPU is 30-40%. The game does not use the full potential of the host! If the game will take control of 100% of CPU power, slowing must stop, but this is not happening. How do I make it so the game used the full potential of the PC host 100%?

----
И на всякий случай для русскоязычных то же самое, вдруг кто поймет и объяснит.
Гараж, 2 компа, соединены напрямую витой парой. Обе машинки довольно шустрые. Обычно, я создаю игру, кореш цепляется. У него игра идет без проблем, т.к. вся нагрузка в ИИ ложится на меня. У меня 4 ядра, 4 гига. Играем против 6-8 нуллботов. Когда собирается куча машин, мой комп начинает дико тормозить, при этом в диспетчере задач игра забирает 30-40% от ЦП. Видеокарта норм, оперативы норм. Из за тормозов баталия затягивается на 2-3 часа, кореша потом дома пилит жена. Ну реально. Из за этих тормозов скоро нас единственной радости лишат! Помогите, как дать игре возможность загрузить ЦП на 100%, чтобы сократить тормоза?)) Я эту игру еще на плойке первой проходил, и то таких тормозов не было...