Version 2.2.2 - Mac review

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Version 2.2.2 - Mac review

Post by Vermithrax »

My system is an Intel 3.06 Mhz iMac equipped with 4 GB Ram, and an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS. I run using OS X version 10.6 aka Snow Leopard. Builds are done with Xcode version 3.2.

My compliments to the developers. Version 2.2.2 is the best release for Mac users yet. Several significant improvements are easily observable, especially in Skirmish mode.

First, the Snow Leopard upgrade fixes the missing textures problem. That, needless to say makes a huge difference. However improvements are not restricted to that alone. New games have not resulted in a single crash. Loading saved games in Skirmish mode does not result in galloping energy accumulation and curtailed research times. This makes those games harder to accomplish, but more satisfying. Additionally, mortars can now be repaired!

I should state that my Skirmish games can easily last for six or more hours, because I generally employ a strong defense, using only trucks to build, and radar equipped units. Typically I attempt to hold off the onrushing hoards until I can build firebases of Angel Missiles and Ground Shaker artillery. 8 player modes can be very entertaining, especially if one of the AIs attempts a tank/cyborg rush, which can look very intimidating. Scourge missiles are excellent for line of sight.

Multiple trucks building a row of buildings was generally a problem, but with this new release, I've not experienced a problem. At least not with two trucks building a row of pepperpot mortars or howitzers. Pathfinding remains a problem, but it was never perfect in the original games. I still hate "incoming satellite strikes."

Excellent release, gentlemen!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Version 2.2.2 - Mac review

Post by Buginator »

I am curious to what your findings are on 2.2.4...
and it ends here.