Strange AI behaviour

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
echo-4-19
Greenhorn

Strange AI behaviour

Post by echo-4-19 »

Right this is doing my head in.

ill build an oil derek yes simple enough then i build the usual VTOL strike tower and various morters and howtzers around it.

Great well defended.............

For awhile atleast until BOOM im getting incoming morter fire from half the map away and my morters cant do anything about it .

The first time it happened i thought right it's probubly a bug on that map.......

But i was wrong it happens nearly every match now but only against AI enemies never Humans
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Strange AI behaviour

Post by Per »

What is strange about it? Is it firing over its weapons range? Is it not supposed to see you?
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

sounds like you need a cb tower over there... any enemy shells that fly within range of the towers sensors automatically get targeted and shot back at by any artillery emplacement that can fire that far. (whether or not the unit itself is in range of a radar) I like to build a bunch of archangel missiles batteries (longest range in game I think) late game just to help keep my artillery dominance on the map.

Just be carefull though, the enemy might have these built too and could just be luring your defenses into exposing them selfs to a much larger storm cloud of pure artillery rain...
echo-4-19
Greenhorn

Post by echo-4-19 »

thanks man iv'e sorted it you where very helpful

and i have come to the conclusion that server port 2100 just hates me i did that router thing to check that it was infact open (and it was/still is) so the only other thing it could be is a slow connection which again i dont have due to my 20mb broudband connection :stressed:

i can host matches on other games (return to castle wolfenstian Enemy terrotory) but this game is having none of it lol