2 weird Glitches in Skrimish games

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
Dark Mayu
Rookie
Rookie

2 weird Glitches in Skrimish games

Post by Dark Mayu »

I discovered 2 glitches while playing the current version from Trunk(7733)
Research and Energy Glitch - Start a normal skirmish game and build a simple base (I had usually 6 or more Oil Derricks and 2 Power Plants, HQ and factory) . Save your game, exit warzone and load your save game again. You will then have more energy, about 50k more to be precisely. Energy will not be used for research, too. Also, whatever you research, it will be instantly finished once 1/4th has been processed!
Satellite Laser Glitch - This one is actually really funny: build a satellite uplink centre and the satellite laser cannon building. Wait until your Satellite cannon bldg is loaded and click on it like you would use it normally. Now look for a target and click on it several times. You will see that your satellite cannon will shoot several times! Target something else and you will see that the satellite cannon will shoot again, even though it's not loaded yet! The 1st time I noticed this, I annihilated 3 AI bases within 10 minutes with the satellite cannon only, I just clicked on every hostile building and the cannon did the rest...
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 2 weird Glitches in Skrimish games

Post by Mysteryem »

Dark Mayu wrote:Satellite Laser Glitch - This one is actually really funny: build a satellite uplink centre and the satellite laser cannon building. Wait until your Satellite cannon bldg is loaded and click on it like you would use it normally. Now look for a target and click on it several times. You will see that your satellite cannon will shoot several times! Target something else and you will see that the satellite cannon will shoot again, even though it's not loaded yet! The 1st time I noticed this, I annihilated 3 AI bases within 10 minutes with the satellite cannon only, I just clicked on every hostile building and the cannon did the rest...
Hmm, I noticed that if you switch to an ai using the debug menu the lassat operates like this. Could this be linked to the problem? I know nothing about that research and energy glitch though, wierd.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Dachplatte
Greenhorn

Post by Dachplatte »

Dark Mayu wrote:Satellite Laser Glitch - This one is actually really funny: build a satellite uplink centre and the satellite laser cannon building. Wait until your Satellite cannon bldg is loaded and click on it like you would use it normally. Now look for a target and click on it several times. You will see that your satellite cannon will shoot several times! Target something else and you will see that the satellite cannon will shoot again, even though it's not loaded yet! The 1st time I noticed this, I annihilated 3 AI bases within 10 minutes with the satellite cannon only, I just clicked on every hostile building and the cannon did the rest...
why not make this a cheat? :P
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Yeah, the lassat is really hacked on there. We should fix it sometime.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

actually if it was moved to the very last position on the tech tree and crippled to only be able to take out 1 wall section or 1/4 of a structure at a time - i wouldnt care. if it could be totally removed ( in the options) would be better. :3 :3 :3 xD
Dark Mayu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dark Mayu »

The Satellite Cannon is actually really funny to use, but not if the AI gets it 1st, lol^^.
Also, it's not that hard getting it, you just need vtol, synaptics, the sensors and the sensor upgrades. But I'm for leaving the cannon in the game. If skirmish takes so long that you already have access to this technology, then you also want to finish off the enemy faster.

But the 1st glitch is quite annoying, saved games are an invitation for cheating. Did someone else notice this, too? Could be that this one is trunk specific, if so I will post it in another Thread.