Music Problems.

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
Freakyman
Trained
Trained

Music Problems.

Post by Freakyman »

Like the title states i have been having problems with the music playing in the 2.2 RC 1, im sorry if this has already been resolved im posting because i did somthing wrong.

i checked all files and folders all seem to be there maybe something is not letting it load up, yes the music-1.0.wz (i think thats how it goes) file is in the mods\global\autoload .

thanks for reading and replys soon to be made - by the way if this is a bug i will post a bug ticket.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Music Problems.

Post by Buginator »

Freakyman wrote:Like the title states i have been having problems with the music playing in the 2.2 RC 1, im sorry if this has already been resolved im posting because i did somthing wrong.

i checked all files and folders all seem to be there maybe something is not letting it load up, yes the music-1.0.wz (i think thats how it goes) file is in the mods\global\autoload .

thanks for reading and replys soon to be made - by the way if this is a bug i will post a bug ticket.
No, it isn't a bug.
That file is just in the wrong format, for the 'newer' playlist.

Basically, the .wpl file should just have a list of music that you want to be played. It was vastly simplified.

All it is now, is something like:

Code: Select all

song1.ogg
song2.ogg
song3.ogg
The menu music is hardcoded to menu.ogg, so you need to have a menu.ogg entry, or it will fall back to the old one we always have used.
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Freakyman wrote:i checked all files and folders all seem to be there maybe something is not letting it load up, yes the music-1.0.wz (i think thats how it goes) file is in the mods\global\autoload .
mods/global/autoload/ no longer works. We'll try to get it working again in the next version, but no guarantees.
alienkid10
Trained
Trained

Post by alienkid10 »

Does shuffle still work? What if I don't want menu.ogg playing in game?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

alienkid10 wrote:Does shuffle still work? What if I don't want menu.ogg playing in game?
Nope, no shuffle.
menu.ogg will only play on menus *if* you don't replace it. *If* you replace it, then it will become part of the playlist.

Yeah, I know, it sucks.
and it ends here.
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

nah, i think as long as you don't stop the music-playback at all it's a minor thing to be changed lateron ;)

In Space Empires V there is a playlist-section inside the settings-file, just with the number of songs for the current situation (menu, game, combat, finish), and the filenames and the songs are everytime randomly picked

perhaps it helps as a idea how to make the final playlist-handling for warzone? ;)
alienkid10
Trained
Trained

Post by alienkid10 »

Buginator wrote: Nope, no shuffle.
menu.ogg will only play on menus *if* you don't replace it. *If* you replace it, then it will become part of the playlist.

Yeah, I know, it sucks.
if it sucks why was it changed?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

alienkid10 wrote:quote="Buginator"
Nope, no shuffle.

Yeah, I know, it sucks./quote

if it sucks why was it changed?
Read the svn log ;)

The old version crashed sometimes.
and it ends here.
Freakyman
Trained
Trained

Post by Freakyman »

Oh ok thanks for the feed back good job i did not post it on the tracker :)

hope to hear the music soon i like it :D
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

let me be a complete stupe here.

I've added some ogg tracks to mod/music, amended a copy of the rpl from root\music and added that to mod/music. Get the original music, nothing else, ie not mine.

What have I done wrong?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

zydonk wrote:let me be a complete stupe here.

I've added some ogg tracks to mod/music, amended a copy of the rpl from root\music and added that to mod/music. Get the original music, nothing else, ie not mine.

What have I done wrong?
rpl? you mean .wpl right?
Post the .wpl file.

Works locally here...
and it ends here.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Ooops, I meant wpl.

Herewith wpl from mods/music folder. Assume the titles are correct.
Attachments
music.zip
wpl file from mod/music folder.
(188 Bytes) Downloaded 747 times
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

zydonk wrote:Ooops, I meant wpl.

Herewith wpl from mods/music folder. Assume the titles are correct.
You didn't have to zip it... :)

Anyway, you have:

NeverEver.oggWhiteLove.oggAreYouOut.ogg
instead of:

NeverEver.ogg
WhiteLove.ogg
AreYouOut.ogg
and it ends here.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Actually, wasn't allowed upload the wpl, so it got zipped...

Tried the column layout indicated in this topic and then the line layout of the installed wpl. Neither worked.

It's good that you have given some time to this, Bug, but in truth I was trying it out of curiosity (you know, full-on WZ with Disco etc). I've grown used to the original tracks over the years and I am still comfortable with them (the only game I play where the music is not shut off).

If I give a last rehearsal of what I did, then perhaps you might spot the error. If not, then maybe it should be left aside - I'm sure there are more pressing issues.

OK:
leave the installed music folder untouched;
copy some ogg files (converted from MP3 by Jet Audio at 192Kbps) to mod/music folder;
copy installed wpl from installed folder to the mod/music folder;
amend wpl as appropriate;
start WZ, listen to your music - which of course is not happening.

Notes:
Is the resolution too high?
I assume a wpl in mod/music folder will automatically replace that in the installed music folder, but only if the music files referred to are valid; that is, I wouldn't hear anything at all if they were not. (I'm getting the installed tracks.)
Oh, and yes, the included open source player is installed.

As I say, if you can't spot the error here, then just leave it be...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

zydonk wrote:Actually, wasn't allowed upload the wpl, so it got zipped...

Tried the column layout indicated in this topic and then the line layout of the installed wpl. Neither worked.

It's good that you have given some time to this, Bug, but in truth I was trying it out of curiosity (you know, full-on WZ with Disco etc). I've grown used to the original tracks over the years and I am still comfortable with them (the only game I play where the music is not shut off).

If I give a last rehearsal of what I did, then perhaps you might spot the error. If not, then maybe it should be left aside - I'm sure there are more pressing issues.

OK:
leave the installed music folder untouched;
copy some ogg files (converted from MP3 by Jet Audio at 192Kbps) to mod/music folder;
copy installed wpl from installed folder to the mod/music folder;
amend wpl as appropriate;
start WZ, listen to your music - which of course is not happening.

Notes:
Is the resolution too high?
I assume a wpl in mod/music folder will automatically replace that in the installed music folder, but only if the music files referred to are valid; that is, I wouldn't hear anything at all if they were not. (I'm getting the installed tracks.)
Oh, and yes, the included open source player is installed.

As I say, if you can't spot the error here, then just leave it be...
You are testing in game right?
The main menu music will not change, unless you have the exact same name that we use...
and it ends here.